X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins @ Phillies Series Thread May 16-18th

7:05 PM

Conley v Eickhoff

Been gone for a few days but I'm back so let's get this W. WGW tonight.

Also hey this is my thousandth post.

Comment

mazel tov
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think we gon jump out to a lead and then WGL

- - - - - - - - - -

Lincecum close to signing with Angels.

Imagine thinking you're team doesn't need better arms in the back end of the rotation.

Comment

by all accounts they scouted him, supposedly there were three teams that "made the cut"
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Ramos on fire.....

Comment

I thought we'd lose this late. WRONG.

Hech will have his OPS up to .630 by the weekend at this pace. He must be JUICING.

HUGH win. Ozuna is the best.

Comment

Out lineup is fun right now.

Comment

with the exception of the Dee suspension this season has been the "if everything goes right" version of the Marlins...so I'm kind of scared about when it stops

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    with the exception of the Dee suspension this season has been the "if everything goes right" version of the Marlins...so I'm kind of scared about when it stops
                    June is gonna be a big deal. I cant forget that horrid June the team had a few yrs back.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      That's one way to look at it. The other way of looking at it is that we have been the "if everything goes wrong" version of the Marlins almost every year since 2003, so maybe this is finally "the" year.

Comment

I disagree. Shit happens to every team, and we've always lacked in depth to deal with shit. It seems like "everything goes wrong" because there's no contingency plan.

- - - - - - - - - -

Side bonus of Ozuna going bonkers: now we can get a legit SP for him. Is Dee back before the trading deadline? With how bad our rotation is, it might be a move that needs to be made this year.

Comment

or could we just keep ozuna because he's really good?

Comment

No doubt. It's just we have no way to improve our rotation besides 1) praying someone from the minors magically steps up or 2) trade. And Ozuna is the perfect mix of valuable and most expendable, since we can shift Yelich there and play DD in left/finding a LFer is a LOT easier than a SP

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                              or could we just keep ozuna because he's really good?
                              They like that he dropped 20lbs and he changed his attitude(Jeff thought this) from primadonna to someone who listens and become more humble. With that being said tho talk is still if someone offers a TOP SP they will listen. The reason is Boras and his unwillingness to sign a Yelich type deal yet. They likely will keep him(IMO they should too) unless they are offered some young top SP or SP under a friendly contract

Like NNY said Yelich can move to CF and DD's bat goes to LF if he is dealt or do what they were trying last year. Trade Ozuna and a minor league SP for a SP and AAA OF that could platoon

Lincecum told teams he wanted to stay in the West AND a major league deal. So we were out quick

Comment

Working...
                              X