No announcement yet.

Brewers @ Marlins - May 9th - May 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be sad when Ramos and Phelps are on the DL in early July with fallen off arms.

Comment

Oh damn

Ramos is on pace for same games/inn as past several years, but Phelps is on pace for 89 games/104.5 inn

Last time a RP broke 100 IP was scott proctor in 2006.
      Last edited by nny; 05-10-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Hmm, guess it just seems like Ramos is throwing more than usual because we've used him 3 days in a row twice already this year.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
          A win is a win guys. We're still doing that thing where we're picky how we win.
          You mean our +0 win differential compared to WAS/NYM +40's win differential doesn't mean anything?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, who was complaining about the win? I know I definitely was not.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            Oh damn

Ramos is on pace for same games/inn as past several years, but Phelps is on pace for 89 games/104.5 inn

Last time a RP broke 100 IP was scott proctor in 2006.
            Phelps is a unique case though in that he's a converted starter. I mean, hell, he was a starter last season
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

After Ozuna reached on one-out single, Realmuto hit a towering fly ball that dropped into the base of the Home Run Sculpture in left-center.

But as Ozuna retreated to first as if preparing to tag up if the ball had been caught, Realmuto passed him. The Brewers challenged the play and, after umpires reviewed the replay, concurred that the Marlins were in violation.

“It was my mistake,” Ozuna said. “That cost us one run.”

Ozuna said he apologized to Realmuto.

“I say, ‘Sorry. I feel bad. It’s not going to happen anymore,’” Ozuna recounted. “And I tell it to my teammates.”

But first base coach Perry Hill blamed himself for the mistake. He said he yelled for Ozuna to go halfway between first and second. When Ozuna returned to first, Hill said he should have started looking for Realmuto to tell him to stop.

“My fault,” Hill said. “I should have stopped J.T., so it’s my fault. There’s a lot going on. But once I can’t get Ozuna to go halfway, once I see him coming back, I have to stop [Realmuto]. I’ve done it a hundred times before. I just didn’t do it that time.”

Whoever was to blame, it made for an interesting postgame conversation piece. Some Marlins players said they didn’t really see that it was any one person’s fault. It was just a strange confluence of circumstances.

“It was weird, because when I went out to hit, they said they were overturning it,” Fernandez said. “And I said, ‘What’s going on?’ But what matters is the result today, and that’s all I care about.”

Realmuto said he held no hard feelings despite losing a home run.

“It was just an honest mistake,” Realmuto said. “I was not looking at Ozuna because I was watching the ball. And then he was thinking it was going to be caught in center field, and he was going to try to tag, make a hustle play, really. There’s no bad blood anywhere.”

Realmuto was credited with a RBI single and ruled out. No home run.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...#storylink=cpy
              -Clark Spencer, Miami Herald

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                Phelps is a unique case though in that he's a converted starter. I mean, hell, he was a starter last season
                We really need another reliable arm in the pen though. Breslow has one good outing and then like 2 or 3 shit ones.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                  We really need another reliable arm in the pen though. Breslow has one good outing and then like 2 or 3 shit ones.
                  Well when Dunn gets off the DL we will be getting a solid arm. They will be using him daily,before he got hurt Mattingly was talking Dunn up as a setup man who he would use ALOT against lefties and righties. Is he reliable-who knows,but better option than Breslow

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the rule about overrunning the lead runner is kind of silly on a dead ball play?
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

What we really need is NOT to have to play anymore NL East teams. O wait nevermind-its gonna be a very long Aug/Sept for this team

Look like a solid team when not playing Philly/Atlanta

Comment

The Philly series we lost 2 tough 1 run games, that happens in baseball. Phillies are winning a ton of 1-run games right now, it'll even out. No reason to be worried about those 2 series.

Comment

Ogando out with broken rib(guess from the fall at 1B) Nick Wittgren back up

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            What we really need is NOT to have to play anymore NL East teams. O wait nevermind-its gonna be a very long Aug/Sept for this team

Look like a solid team when not playing Philly/Atlanta
                            Yeah, because one series against each of those teams is proof that we're going to suck against them all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                              Am I the only one who thinks the rule about overrunning the lead runner is kind of silly on a dead ball play?
                              I agree. It's clearly a home run, why does it matter. I mean I'm not saying he should be able to run in front of Ozuna and score before him, but in the event of something like what happened last night, I don't think it should matter.

Comment

Frustrating game to watch

Comment

Working...
                                X