Yelich smoked that!

Comment

I want to fuck as good as Christian Yelich hits

Comment

phelps just cock slapped the dbacks that inning

Comment

Phelps is juicing

Comment

I would like some insurance runs for Ramos in the 9th otherwise i will grab some tums

Comment

ho hum Deitrich on base again

Comment

bring those fences in further

Comment

So close to getting another.

- - - - - - - - - -

Woooooo we dun won again

Comment

WOOOOOOO
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Starting to get the feeling that this team might be halfway decent this year, which is really cool.

Comment

My expectations are tempered. We were 12-12 last yr too.

Comment

Yes, but we are 13-12 this year.

- - - - - - - - - -

Remember when we won 9 out of 10 last year in a similar fashion?

Comment

I mean, this is a team projected to be about .500 and we're about .500 sooooooooooo

- - - - - - - - - -

Which is what we were projected to be last year too, but then we lost Stanton and lots of guys regressed.

- - - - - - - - - -

And I didn't watch the game, but how the fuck does a guy who's suppose to be all control walk three guys with no strikeouts.

Like, please let Nicolino be Matt Cain with a .250 BABIP and everything and the results were still fine tonight but I get upset when I see his stat lines because I just don't see how that's sustainable. Preaching to the choir but you know marlins fo is all like woooo who cares about future probability

- - - - - - - - - -

And, Ozuna's .ISO is up to .229. Power's than man. Once his BABIP gets up he'll be busting it. #believe

- - - - - - - - - -

Bearclaw's K/9 this year now sitting over 14.5 with a 7 k/bb. Not quite capps numbers last year but pretty damn close. Might have been best bp in the NL if we still had capps. and a lefty worth a damn

Comment

Nicolino is gonna look like shit from time to time. The big question, and one we still don't know the answer to nearly 20 starts into his career, is how often it'll happen and how bad it will be. Quite frankly, if this is the shittier Nicolino, I think you can survive. Although, in fairness, it's a lot easier to have a starter like Nicolino when your offense scores 7 or so runs a game like we seem to be doing, and if anything I don't know how sustainable that is.

Oh, and Ozuna has already hit half of the homers he hit last season. So, he seems to be closer to his "2014-self" as it were, and once that BABIP goes back up, he's gonna be having a good season. He already is, honestly. We're projected to be a .500 team and we are right now, but the negative of that is that the past ten games or so are examples of what we were talking about when we say "everything going right." It's easy to win ball games when you have Yelich, Prado, Realmuto, and Dietrich hitting at unsustainable levels. Four regulars are getting on base at a damn near 45-50% clip.

All of that being said, bullpen looks good all of a sudden with Barraclough transforming into Carter Capps, Phelps transforming into Mariano Rivera, and A.J. Ramos getting enough 3-run leads to not fuck up. Starting pitching outside of Koelher is pretty good too and even when Prado and Realmuto (bc Dietrich and Yelich I think are still playing pretty close to what they actually are) come back to Earth, this team may be good enough to compete after all.

- - - - - - - - - -

Whoever said on the Brewers thread that Alvarez would be coming back about now and could transition Koehler into the bullpen was spot on. I think a Jose-Chen-Conley-Alvarez-Nicolino rotation is a pretty good one. You could do much worse than Nicolino as your #5 starter. You could have Tom Koelher there.

- - - - - - - - - -

#bigtimeTimmyJim

Comment

@JoeFrisaro
                                Justin Bour dislocated left pinkie #Marlins no fracture. will know more tomorrow
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X