Marlins @ Brewers Series Thread 4/29-5/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valid View Post
    I feel like keeping track of "worst wins" is kind of a weird thing to do.

I don't keep a fucking excel spread sheet.

Sorry for being a little emotional guys.

I forgot you can't get emotional at this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      I don't keep a fucking excel spread sheet.

Sorry for being a little emotional guys.

I forgot you can't get emotional at this forum.
      I'm not ripping you for it. I just think it's kind of an odd thing to do. Like, how do you measure "worst" wins?

Comment

Yup. Totally true.

- - - - - - - - - -

For several reasons.

First and foremost, Dee Gordon catches that blooper. LOVE Deitrich, but Gordon catches that.

Like Beef said, another 4 or 5 batters is not the fucking tipping point for Conley's career. Keep him out there because last nights news was the worst and that kid will likely never be in that position again.

And then leaving it up to Urena to finish off a no hitter. Bring the Bear Claw out, being Phelps out, fuck bring Ramos out but not fucking Urena.
        The backend of the bullpen has been overused this week. Ramos had no business being in that game and Bear Claw/Phelps shouldn't have to pitch in a 6-0 game either. Blame Urena. He got the job done the other night and didn't get it done tonight. Mattingly did nothing wrong.

Comment

Anyway, they've won 6 in a row now. What a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            I don't know for sure, but I feel like we didn't win six in a row at any point last year. Wee.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              Worst 6-game win streak ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                I don't know for sure, but I feel like we didn't win six in a row at any point last year. Wee.

We did not.

We did win 9 of 10 to get to .500 at 12-12 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Bear Claw/Phelps shouldn't have to pitch in a 6-0 game either.
                  Was it a 6-0 game or was it no-hitter?

- - - - - - - - - -

Right because that's exactly what I said.

- - - - - - - - - -

Combined win streak of the two teams ahead of us in the NL East: 11

Comment

I'm curious to see how we play tomm. I will be at the game. Stanton not playing tonight. So I expect Yelich to not play tomm so Itchyro can stay at leadoff

Comment

I was very impressed by the crowd in Milwauee giving Conley a standing ovation.

Comment

Was it a 6-0 game or was it no-hitter?

- - - - - - - - - -

Right because that's exactly what I said.

- - - - - - - - - -

Combined win streak of the two teams ahead of us in the NL East: 11

Who cares if it's a no-hitter? Maybe a fan, but a big league manager can't manage a game like a fan. It's Urena's fault. And the team won. This team doesn't win that often to start feeling bad about wins.

Comment

Erick, I want to call you all kinds of names right now. It's really hard not to.

Of course he can manage a game like that.

Comment

Erick, I want to call you all kinds of names right now. It's really hard not to.

Of course he can manage a game like that.
                            No, not really. Maybe if the arms haven't worked in a while, but in a 6-0 game, you want one of your less relevant relievers to finish the game. Also, for what it's worth, Urena was coming off an incredible performance just the other night. It's not as if he brought in Bryan Morris or Cody Ege. By the way, if Ramos walks Villar there, I think Mattingly would've brought in Morris to face Braun, which would've actually been the terrible move. Good thing that never happened.

Comment

Don Mattingly put this team in jeopardy of experiencing a groin crushing loss tonight.

The Brewers went from have 0 hits over 8 innings to 4 hits and 3 runs in the blink of an eye. Don't tell me Mattingly did what he had to do tonight. Conley was cruising and a 6-0 game ended with the Brewers having the winning run in the batters box.

Comment

Don Mattingly put this team in jeopardy of experiencing a groin crushing loss tonight.

The Brewers went from have 0 hits over 8 innings to 4 hits and 3 runs in the blink of an eye. Don't tell me Mattingly did what he had to do tonight. Conley was cruising and a 6-0 game ended with the Brewers having the winning run in the batters box.
                                That was Urena.

- - - - - - - - - -

If you want to blame Mattingly for something in regards to the no-hitter, I guess you can blame him for still having Dietrich out there at 2B. Could've had Rojas at 2B and Chris Johnson at 1B at that point. Rojas probably gets to the ball that Dietrich couldn't catch.

Comment

Working...
                                X