No announcement yet.

Marlins @ Brewers Series Thread 4/29-5/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the rest of the season is arguing about games we won.

Comment

Imagine being upset at a Marlins win.

I just wanna fuckin argue.

Let's argue about what bands and songs are good and which ones suck.

- - - - - - - - - -

I blame Dee Gordon for Derek Deitrich being at 2B in the 9th inning.

Comment

Listen, with the shit we've had to put up with up the last few years, I'll take "blowing a no hitter to continue our win streak by only a decent margin" every fucking time.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also Heat won too so I think someone could break in my house and I'd still be in a good mood.

Comment

I can see the Bonds effect on our hitters.

This isn't a Dee Gordon joke.

Seriously. I notice a difference on how this team is hitting.

The Bonds Effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Who cares if it's a no-hitter? Maybe a fan, but a big league manager can't manage a game like a fan. It's Urena's fault. And the team won. This team doesn't win that often to start feeling bad about wins.
            This. Fucking hell Daft, stop making me agree with Erick.

I would have pulled Conley after the walk. He looked much more wild in the 8th, pitch count was up and was getting emotional, yelling after the walk. It's not about 4 or 5 batters ruining his arm, it's about emotional state IMO, and I would not say he was cruising at that point. Stuff was still there, but was getting wilder. If he'd given up a hit in the 5th he wouldn't have even gone out for the 8th inning.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            only on SoFlaMarlins can people complain about the boards being dead and then complain about 70 posts in one night about a game we won
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Just curious, did any of you who said pulling him was a good move ever play high school or college baseball?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              It won't be. This is still the Marlins. Don't let a 6 game win streak fool you. This team has zero depth and it has one of the worst owners in the history of pro sports.

Comment

I didn't play and I get what a special situation it is, but Don Mattingly and Tim Wallach and Juan Nieves did play and their point of view is probably more informed.

AFAIK Conley had never thrown triple digits in pitches in his pro career. Go read the thread from when he was drafted. It's free talking head, every scouting report, everybody on this forum watching video and reading articles, all agreed that he would likely be a reliever. He has only been starting for five years.

even his college coach said: "I see him pitching the seventh or eighth inning for about 15 years in the big leagues,” Marbut said.

- - - - - - - - - -

If this kid had a reputation of being a bulldog, had thrown high pitch counts many times, then OK, I could probably make an argument for leaving him in the game. But that isn't the case, and he was clearly starting to labor and getting emotional on the mound, and I think the emotions more than anything led to his being pulled

- - - - - - - - - -

As recently as a year ago John Sickels said:

I liked him heading into 2014 but this was not a good year, lost four MPH on fastball and slider deteriorated. Could rebound if healthy but skeptics who projected him as a reliever and not a starter were probably right.
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I played WoW in high school, does that count?

Comment

When June rolls around we can all argue why we suck again.

Comment

I feel like it's important to note we're still in 4th place in our division after a 6 game win streak.

Comment

Last night was the first time this year I even opened up gameday. And when I had seen that on here yesterday that we had a 5 game hit and went and saw our record was still below .500, I was shocked by the excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          only on SoFlaMarlins can people complain about the boards being dead and then complain about 70 posts in one night about a game we won
                          Wasn't complaining, I really do hope that.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            It won't be. This is still the Marlins. Don't let a 6 game win streak fool you. This team has zero depth and it has one of the worst owners in the history of pro sports.
                            Everyone knows this

Comment

HUGG, calm down.

- - - - - - - - - -

DEREK DEITRICH

Comment

that stanton dinger was fucking mashed

Comment

Working...
                                X