X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dee Gordon Receives 80-Game PED Suspension

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...uspension.html

So apparently Dee Gordon just received a 80-Game PED suspension

Apparently he tested positive for the banned substances exogenous testosterone and clostebol.
    Last edited by rmc523; 04-29-2016, 12:25 AM.

Literally just breaking. Season's over.

- - - - - - - - - -

Gonna need to play Dietrich full time now, and probably at second so defensively it stinks but at least his bat will be in the lineup every day. Put Yelich back in the leadoff spot and hope he continues his level of success. Yelich-Prado-(maybe Dietrich 3rd)-Stanton at the top of the order is still pretty good, but fuck this hurts.

Comment

Weeellllppppp

Comment

Damnit Bonds. We said to give that stuff to Stanton not the freakin leadoff hitter.

But being serious for a second, this is incredibly shocking. I have no idea why Dee would need to use testosterone. It had to be some kind of mix up in the supplements he was using or just not knowing what he was taking.

Comment

Said it in the series thread but he's been hitting the ball a LOT in the air this year. Wonder if there's any correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
            Literally just breaking. Season's over.

- - - - - - - - - -

Gonna need to play Dietrich full time now, and probably at second so defensively it stinks but at least his bat will be in the lineup every day. Put Yelich back in the leadoff spot and hope he continues his level of success. Yelich-Prado-(maybe Dietrich 3rd)-Stanton at the top of the order is still pretty good, but fuck this hurts.
            Not sure some combination of this didn't need to happen anyway, as far as lineup shuffling is concerned.. Gordon's OBP is .289(only above Hechavarria and Ozuna among the regular starters).
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Ichiro is gonna get so many ABs in cf now so we have a "leadoff hitter"

Comment

Fuck you for being right

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                  Ichiro is gonna get so many ABs in cf now so we have a "leadoff hitter"
                  So in this scenario Ozuna has to lose at bats. You're not taking Stanton's at bats and Yelich is by far the most consistent hitter in our lineup.

Not to mention Ozuna's actually started hitting again the last two weeks. I'm sure Ichiro will get at bats, but I don't see who in the outfield you take out unless you're looking to replace Ozuna. I am interested to see Dietrich play 80 games. I've always been a fan of his approach at the plate and power potential for a 2nd baseman. Dee's in all scenarios better, but if Dietrich can become an .800+ OPS hitter I don't see him being that far off.

Comment

I'd imagine Rojas would get some playing time too, but I really like him in the role he's at now of late game defense. Don't really want to waste that.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Imagine not liking Dee Gordon
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Classic Marlins. 5-game win streak undercut by 80-game suspension of their MVP of last season. Seriously what the fuck is Dee doing taking PEDs?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Classic Marlins. 5-game win streak undercut by 80-game suspension of their MVP of last season. Seriously what the fuck is Dee doing taking PEDs?
                              My thoughts exactly. CLASSIC Marlins.

Well, better Dee than Yelich, Stanton or one of our top of the rotation guys.

/bright side

- - - - - - - - - -

The Marlins will get Dee back for the final 61 game race to the playoffs.

Known to Marlins fans as pre-season NFL.

- - - - - - - - - -

Obviously Dee is a better defender and baserunner but

Dee Gordon OPS .629

Derek Deitrich OPS 1.013

Comment

Working...
                              X