No announcement yet.

4/28 - 5/4 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 baserunners and 1 run allowed in 6 innings. Don't care if his stuff was "the worst of the season" I'll take that over him getting those are 7 K games that force him to throw a ton of pitches and take him out of the game before the 5th inning

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Obviously I like K's but minor leagues are for improving weaknesses in your game. Being smart with ur pitches and being able to go deep in games is something Brice needs to work on. He could learn from nicolino in that sense

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

6ip 3ha 0er 0bb 6k 59 pitches

5ip 2ha 0er 4bb 2k 71 pitches

5ip 7ha 0er 0bb 7k 81 pitches

6ip 6ha 3er 0bb 4k 70 pitches

6ip 3ha 1er 2bb 4k 85 pitches

I just don't see what was so remarkable about this start vs. the rest of this season.

Comment

Yeah, exactly what Hugg is saying. It's his second worst start, even only going by efficiency, so it seems weird to say "this" is the start he needed

Comment

My post was more a reference to his past seasons than this one. He's been good this year, no complaints on that front from me.

Comment

5/2

AAA New Orleans: W, 3-2 (10 Innings)

Wilson: 1-3, 2 BB, SB, CS
              Andino: 1-5, 2 R, HR (1), RBI, K
              Scruggs: 1-4, R, HR (3), 2 RBI, BB, K
              Telis: 2-4, 3B, K
              Flores: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HRA
              Narveson: 2 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 2 K
              Wittgren: W, 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 K
              McGowan: SV, 1 IP, 3 BB, 2 K

AA Jacksonville: L, 8-2

Y.Perez: 1-3, SB
              Riddle: 0-2, 2 BB, K
              Romero: 2-4, R, 3B, K
              Mooney: 1-3, R, HR (1), 2 RBI
              Pineyro: L, 5 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HRA
              Mazza: 1 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 HRA
              Adkins: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 K

A+ Jupiter: L, 4-2

Schales: 2-4, R, 2B, K
              Anderson: 3-4, R, 2B, K
              Ard: 1-4, 2 RBI, K
              Haynal: 1-4, 2B, 3 K
              Brigham: L, 3.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
              Lazo: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K
              Lyman: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K

A Greensboro: L, 2-0

Garrett: 0-2, K
              Naylor: 0-2, K
              I.Soto: 0-2
              Sullivan: 1-1
              Farnworth: L, 4 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

Comment

gonna suck when Telis gets 30 MLB ABs this season and then we trade him for a minor league reliever because Mathis
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I don't know, Telis may turn out to have more value to us in a trade than as a backup catcher.

I mean you could call up Telis and play him every 3rd game or something around that, but does that benefit either Realmuto or Telis? I'm not sure. I agree it was stupid to pay Mathis the money to bring him back, but now that he is we may be able to improve the team by trading Telis this summer, which might not be the worst thing.

Comment

Telis is 24 and raking, and has had what, 100 poor ABs in the majors at age 22-23?

Unless you are in a position to win and upgrade, say, the rotation or bullpen (or need an injury replacement somewhere), you hang onto Telis and he's the backup catcher next year.

But what they'll do is either A) Trade Telis, then not resign Mathis and end up with a Jhonaton Solano type as a backup next year, or more likely B) trade Telis and give Mathis a 2 year deal
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      Telis is 24 and raking, and has had what, 100 poor ABs in the majors at age 22-23?

Unless you are in a position to win and upgrade, say, the rotation or bullpen (or need an injury replacement somewhere), you hang onto Telis and he's the backup catcher next year.

But what they'll do is either A) Trade Telis, then not resign Mathis and end up with a Jhonaton Solano type as a backup next year, or more likely B) trade Telis and give Mathis a 2 year deal
                      Agreed, and if Realmuto gets hurt he'd be real nice to have, all I'm saying is as of right now it looks like he'll be at best a backup catcher for us, and if another team sees him as a starting catcher it might be better to deal him and get more value out of him that way instead of stashing him on the bench for years like we did with Ramon Castro back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        Agreed, and if Realmuto gets hurt he'd be real nice to have, all I'm saying is as of right now it looks like he'll be at best a backup catcher for us, and if another team sees him as a starting catcher it might be better to deal him and get more value out of him that way instead of stashing him on the bench for years like we did with Ramon Castro back in the day.
                        You say that like Ramon Castro became a good player at some point. He was never anything more than a back up.

Comment

At this point he is viewed as the 3rd Catcher who is getting tons of AB's and playing all the time in AAA.They prefer that to him playing 1 day a week and sitting on the bench. If Realmuto gets hurt then he comes up and if not o well. Mathis won't be leaving anytime soon-they love how he handles pitchers and if he hits better than .200 they will take it. People might not realize this but he is actually a solid defensive C as well,was voted Best in whatever league he played in LY

Comment

Right, but the point was he was viewed as a future starter for a long time, and we spent about 6 years refusing to trade him or release him because we viewed him that way, and instead he just languished on the bench and I think if he were ever to have reached his potential that ship had long passed by the time we wanted him to be the starter.

Comment

Couple signings for the minor leagues last week...

-1B Scott DeJong was released by the Dodgers in mid-April. He was a 32nd round pick by the blue in 2014. He hasn't played this year and only reached full-season A ball last year, hitting .293 in Rookie ball in 222 at-bats but just .182 in 33 at-bats in A.
                              -3B Chris Curley was also signed. Curley played at three levels last year, reaching as high as Triple A. He is a .267 career hitter in 461 games.

Comment

Right, but the point was he was viewed as a future starter for a long time, and we spent about 6 years refusing to trade him or release him because we viewed him that way, and instead he just languished on the bench and I think if he were ever to have reached his potential that ship had long passed by the time we wanted him to be the starter.
                                So your point is we should just turn around and trade Telis? We traded Sam Dyson for him and Ege. So he nets a worse reliever than Dyson by himself. I'd rather have a solid backup catcher than that. Dyson would be nice in the pen, but we aren't competing and Telis is better to have long term especially when thinking at the time of the trade. We have Realmuto who is not proven and no catching depth at the time of the trade. Realmuto is more proven now, but it still makes sense to keep Telis for awhile. Let him work in the minors til June-July and then bring him up if he's hot. It makes more sense to have Telis than Chris Johnson on the roster right now. Given that catchers take awhile to develop, I'm actually very happy with how Castro played out. I'll risk that happening again for a reliever worse than Sam Dyson. I'd also pick Ege over Dyson when he was at Ege's age any day of the week. That trade makes a lot of sense right now when you give up on 2016 and it did at the deadline. But what return could we have gotten for Ramos or Capps is what we should regret. Or you know any of the obvious things like Kolek.

Comment

Working...
                                X