Zach Lutz
    Austin Nola
    Elliot Soto

OF
    Issac Galloway
    Destin Hood
    Xavier Scruggs
    Kenny Wilson
    Last edited by tjfla; 04-06-2016, 01:43 PM.

Hardly any pop in that lineup, but the pitching should be intriguing.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Is it just me or is our AAA bullpen better than our major league bullpen?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Scooter McGough is one of the greatest names of all time.

Comment

Nope, I was literally thinking the same thing. Outside of Ramos, it's really bad. It's sad when Bryan Morris is literally our second best RP

What's the best we could do out of the AAA team? Wittgren, Ege, Ellington, Bearclaw, Urena, Flores?
        v.s. Morris, Phelps, Brewslow, Jackson, McGowan, Naverson

At the very least, I don't think they'd perform worse

At least three of those guys shouldn't be on a MLB team (Breslow, McGowan, Naverson), Jackson is arguably also in that group and having two long relievers is redundant. And Phelps and Morris are nothing but back-end fodder...which is most of those AAA guys too, but that's still an improvement over the others and at least they have upside

Comment

Narveson is gone as soon as Dunn gets off the DL. As for McGowan,the reason he is on the roster is because they supposedly want to clean up the deliveries of Bearclaw and Ellington and wanted a veteran in the pen. Makes 0 sense since the whole pen is old as sh*t!!!!

Our whole minor league system is weird with the assignments.(Like usual)
          Last edited by tjfla; 04-07-2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            Nope, I was literally thinking the same thing. Outside of Ramos, it's really bad. It's sad when Bryan Morris is literally our second best RP

What's the best we could do out of the AAA team? Wittgren, Ege, Ellington, Bearclaw, Urena, Flores?
            v.s. Morris, Phelps, Brewslow, Jackson, McGowan, Naverson

At the very least, I don't think they'd perform worse

At least three of those guys shouldn't be on a MLB team (Breslow, McGowan, Naverson), Jackson is arguably also in that group and having two long relievers is redundant. And Phelps and Morris are nothing but back-end fodder...which is most of those AAA guys too, but that's still an improvement over the others and at least they have upside
            Only thing I disagree with, and I know he got shelled on Opening Day, but Morris has been a pretty solid option for us since he came here.

Comment

Still, considering how well they pitched in 2015 and how they have way more upside than any of these guys on the ML roster, how aren't Bearclaw and Ellington on the big league roster? Ditto that Wittgren.

Comment

That's fair that I was too harsh saying back end fodder, but it's frustrating that he's a solid 3rd-4th guy of the pen and he's our second.

Also, because it's hilariously terrible, we're paying Naverson, Breslow, and McGowan a combined 3.75m. Alvarez got 4.25m. Sad.

Comment

yep

Comment

Working...
                  X