Trip to Marlins Park on April 6 Vs. Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Marlins Park on April 6 Vs. Detroit

First time going to Marlins Park, taking my son. What are the best options for tickets and parking. Best sections to sit and catch balls maybe. Should I pre-buy tickets or buy day off near the stadium. Thanks again.

I'm going to that game with my sons as well. Buy a parking pass in the garage that corresponds with your seating location (if you're sitting on the 3B side, buy a parking ticket in the 3B garage).

I personally don't buy seats thinking about catching foul balls or home runs but these are my seat preferences:

The third base and left field seats have the best food options (Taste of Miami, ice cream etc).

If sitting in the outfield, definitely sit in left field if you can get them. It's also known as the Jose's Heroes section.

I splurged for this game and will be sitting home plate box about 10 rows up because I only get to the stadium 4 or 5 times a year these days. Boys are looking forward to seeing Stanton (lol) and Cabrera up close.

I pre-buy my tix because I don't like interacting with scalpers with my boys with me but there are most definitely good scalp opportunities especially if you can hold out till just after first pitch. Know the market before scalping.

Have fun and welcome to the site.

It's an outstanding venue. If you don't scalp get there real early and explore.

Comment

Due to lack of proximity to Miami I've only been to Marlins Park twice, but I'd like to be as close to Taste of Miami as possible because that is the best ballpark food in the world.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

-Section 9 and 10 are great for foul balls if you sit in a row >15. You also have a great view of the strike zone and angles off the bat. Row 20 and above will you give scenic views of downtown assuming the windows are open--which they usually are in April.

-Get there early and prepurchase homeplate garage tickets. Since its your first time, the home plate gate will give you the best first impression of the park. If you're coming eastbound on the Dolphin get off on 17th Street--it's the path of least resistance with police directing traffic.

-If you don't want to buy tickets in the garage, park across the river at the county courthouse. They have a free shuttle or trolley to the ballpark. I don't recommend parking in someone's yard or no "blocky blocky" as its called.

-Get there early and check out Taste of Miami. Don't go after the 3rd inning because the concession stands do not handle Opening Day crowds well. I also say 3rd inning because that is when people show up. If you do it 30 minutes before first pitch you're golden. The Taste of Miami stands are worse because they are run by local chains and a couple mom-and-pops. The pork "lechon" stand is the best.

- Take in the ballpark and walk around.

-Stay away from the Bowl Bar.

Comment

Working...
        X