• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Today: Marlins and Bonds Tentatively Agree on Deal

Heyman reports. http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...-hitting-coach

apparently he and Menechino would both coach
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Just what this organization needs. More ego.

Comment

I definitely don't hate this

Comment

Can he play 1st base for us too?

Comment

If this happens, I'm predicting Derek Dietrich is murdered by mid-season.

Comment

Stanton's about to get the juice.

Comment

And thanks to Barry Bonds, erm, connections, Donovan Solano bursts onto the scene with a 52 home run season and a noticeably larger head.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Comment

Not that hitting coaches actually do much, but hiring arguably the greatest hitter the game has ever seen can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    Can he play 1st base for us too?
                    I'd legit be down for this. Let him be a player/coach. Juiced Bonds in his 50's is still going to be better than most players in their prime.

Comment

Well they made him the offer. His decision now

Big question is Does Bonds bring his own juice OR does Jeff gotta pay the bill for that? If so there goes the budget increase for the season

Also DD had issues with Tino I can imagine him getting along with Bonds HAHA

Comment

So now we have "Co Batting Coaches" and an "Assistant Batting Coach" as well as a "Pitching Coach" and a "VP of Pitching" as well as 2 "GM- One who goes to meetings and One who makes the decisions" plus we are paying 3 other guys to sit home all day

Someone needs to tell Jeff that it is NOT the lack of coaching talent it is the lack of talent on the field and in the minors. Instead of paying 10 guys in the FO/Coaching he should take the cash an invest it in IFA or better yet pay guys salaries and get actual prospects in trades

Next Week will be our big spending week tho!! Rule 5 Draft Time!!!

Comment

A lot of people are mad about this potential hiring. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            So now we have "Co Batting Coaches" and an "Assistant Batting Coach" as well as a "Pitching Coach" and a "VP of Pitching" as well as 2 "GM- One who goes to meetings and One who makes the decisions" plus we are paying 3 other guys to sit home all day

Someone needs to tell Jeff that it is NOT the lack of coaching talent it is the lack of talent on the field and in the minors. Instead of paying 10 guys in the FO/Coaching he should take the cash an invest it in IFA or better yet pay guys salaries and get actual prospects in trades

Next Week will be our big spending week tho!! Rule 5 Draft Time!!!
                            They have to generate headlines somehow.....they certainly won't do it with players they sign, or on the field, aside from Ichiro's 3000 quest.

Comment

I'd rather have Barry Bonds than some IFA asshole. tj living in a bubble.

Comment

Working...
                              X