X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins and Fox Sports Florida Drop Tommy Hutton

[tweet]668933120771694594[/tweet]

Not a big fan of his but still can't believe it

Hutton said the Marlins gave him no explanation.
    “All I got was we've made a decision to go in another direction,” he said. “They insisted it wasn't about budget. I was surprised and shocked the way it was handled given the fact it was two months into the offseason and a couple days before Thanksgiving.”
    The Marlins have had only two TV analysts in their 23-year history: Hutton, 69, and deceased former All-Star catcher Gary Carter, who held the job for the team’s first four seasons.
    “I am thankful to have worked 51 years in this game,” Hutton said. “I am thankful to have spent the last 19 doing Marlins baseball.
    “I am in no way thinking about retiring. I still love the game, still have passion, still have energy.”
    The Marlins declined to explain reasons for the decision.
    PJ Loyello, the team’s senior vice president/communications and broadcasting, said only: “It was a mutual decision between Fox and the ball club and we decided to go in a different direction.”
    Fox wouldn’t comment beyond this statement: “This was a joint decision with the Marlins to move forward with a new color analyst beginning next season. We thank Tommy for his calls and contributions over the years at FOX Sports Florida.”
    The team has not targeted a replacement for Hutton. A search will begin shortly.
    The Marlins said radio announcers Dave Van Horne and Glenn Geffner will be retained.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...rylink=addthis

they keep senile idiot DVH though

- - - - - - - - - -

They say a search will begin shortly but we all know it's one of Conine/Pavano/Wilson (probably Wilson), right?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Fired with explanation after 19 years. Nothing says Marlins ineptitude and disrespect like doing that to one of the few people who have worked and stuck around through the good and the mostly bad.

Comment

Wow. I liked him even if he said a lot of stupid shit. He wasn't shy about criticizing the FO even though he had to do it in a very subtle way. I wonder how much that played apart since that's been a theme going on this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          Wow. I liked him even if he said a lot of stupid shit. He wasn't shy about criticizing the FO even though he had to do it in a very subtle way. I wonder how much that played apart since that's been a theme going on this offseason.
          Yea, I'm not crazy about the professional outs analysis every game, but he didn't make me crazy like Joe Morgan. Either way, handling him like that is absurd. He seemed like a good guy and deserved better.

Comment

I thought Tommy was pretty good. Certainly not bad, which is the standard many local tv guys set. Wasn't as forward thinking as I might prefer, but he was entertaining when he wasn't ranting. This does not make sense.
            poop

Comment

Likely replacement is probably Preston Wilson. They were grooming him all season.

If the FO knew Spanish they would have fired Felo Ramirez and Yiqui Quintana a long time ago. They are also very sly in their criticism of the front office.

Comment

Hutton joining the LeBatard show tomorrow during the 9am hour.

Comment

Can Loria die soon? Everything they do is an embarassment. But who am i kidding the fuck will prolly out live us all lol

Comment

Really shocked. I didn't love him, but he's probably the best on air personality in the market (which is saying something in itself, but whatever).

Comment

article-1386999-0C0D365C00000578-866_306x423.jpg

Apparently the Marlins are taking their cues from these guys.

- - - - - - - - - -

Aside from the mass murder thing which I feel like I should mention. Jeffery Loria has killed nothing but my love for baseball.

Comment

killed an entire fanbase's interest in baseball
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

[tweet]668980069973520384[/tweet]

Yeah, it should be interesting to hear was he has to say on the radio tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, I was never his biggest fan, but the guy deserves an explanation. It's like the Marlins FO is on a mission this offseason to show that they are the most classless organization in all of sports.

Comment

I really wish i could just stop liking this team. I try to watch other teams but just cant. Loria has just ruined it all. I wish they would force him to sell. Again only my wildest dreams.

Comment

Working...
                              X