X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry CrasnickVerified account
    ‏@jcrasnick
    "I'd be surprised if they keep him,'' one exec said of Ozuna. "Loria clearly can't stand the guy and everybody knows it." #Marlins

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/667714415173746688
    Makes sense trading him at the low.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      I'm still reeling from the Marlins being dumb for unloading a guy who hit .224/.289/.332 from 2011-2013 with -2.3fWAR
      Just an example of giving up on a guy. So he had 2 shitty years after an injury,all I am saying is why do we seem to give up on guys? I could understand if he wanted a 50 million dollar contract,but all we had to do was tender him a contract and maybe he turns it around? Instead of giving him 1 or 2 million to be a UT guy we just say bye.

Coghlan is nothing special,just like Mark Canha is nothing special BUT when u have guys already in the sysem why not give them chances? Instead screw up once or look bad and its bye

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
      Makes sense trading him at the low.
      Good to see u my info checks out AGAIN. Been telling u guys this since the trade deadline-this is one of the reason why teams are not lining up for him. They are waiting for Jeff and Mattingly to get so pissed off they can get him for 2 24 yr old Single A guys or even less.

Jeff hates him already and most of the execs think it wont take long for Mattingly to sour on him as well.

Koehler isnt going anywhere is what the FO has been telling teams. Alot of teams asked about him during the meetings but Hill reportedly wants to keep him just in case Alvarez isnt ready to go.

Comment

• Your Coghlan argument is not the best. He was not good for a very long time and his arbitration tenders would have been significant enough with the amount of playing time he received early on, where it would not have been economically smart for any team to retain him. Let alone the penny pinching Marlins.

Comment

• Not to mention that when they actually non-tendered him, tj said he could easily be replaced by "a minor leaguer" or Jimmy Paredes.

But since he was good in 2015...Marlins are dumb.

Which they are, but not on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            Not to mention that when they actually non-tendered him, tj said he could easily be replaced by "a minor leaguer" or Jimmy Paredes.

But since he was good in 2015...Marlins are dumb.

Which they are, but not on this.
            What I am saying is stop giving guys away for nothing

Paredes was a pretty nice bat this past year. Only problem was like the rest he was gone for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              What I am saying is stop giving guys away for nothing

Paredes was a pretty nice bat this past year. Only problem was like the rest he was gone for nothing
              He had virtually zero value. He signed a minor league deal with the Cubs.

Comment

• Maybe this is a crazy conspiracy theory, but what are the chances that all this Jose vs. The Marlins FO stuff is being leaked somehow by Boras himself? Continuing this feud between Boras and the Marlins FO. Not that it's so far-fetched that Jose could hate the assholes that run this organization and treat them like children. I just find it a little bit hard to believe that coming off an injury that kept him out for a year, and also another short stint on the DL in September, he only managed 11 starts this year and he's demanding a trade? I would think as a player his overwhelming goal was just getting healthy. Also, while I buy the stupid Casey McGehee thing happening. I don't buy people on the team rooting for him to do poorly. (except for maybe McGehee) Every indication I've seen is that Jose is one of the most well-liked people in the clubhouse.

Comment

• It does seem the complete opposite of his (public) reputation. And unless it started just this season, you'd have thought we'd have heard something about his attitude before now.

Comment

• Garcia/Wittgren/Brice/Esch added and Ramsey outrighted to AAA

Maybe they will try Brice in the pen where he looked good in AFL.(They won't because they never do-they like SP to stay SP. See Josh Hodges looked good as a closer,even tho alot weaker guys but back to SP he went and looked like crap) Esch just started pitching when was drafted(Was more of a SS at GA Tech)

Roster at 38 now
                    Last edited by tjfla; 11-20-2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Don't understand the choice of Esch over Pineyro. Also would've protected Araujo but he's a low end reliever so nothing to really cry about.

Comment

• I missed the whole McGehee thing. What's going on with him?

Comment

• He's the new shitty old white guy who yells at our good players for being unprofessional.

Wes Helms

Comment

• Someone should tell him a -1.4 fWAR is more unprofessional than anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              because the team is slated to get about 600 innings of below-average pitching next season with few avenues to improve on that otherwise.

but also because the difference between Ken Giles and a league-average reliever is like 17 runs over the course of a season and because they already have two very good/elite late-inning relievers and have so many more relevant holes to fill than in the bullpen

- - - - - - - - - -

+ defender with 30-homer power and is 25 and has four years of club control

he should be a tremendously valuable asset, and if he's not, you keep him because he should be the fourth member of the core

they're gonna trade him at the nadir of his value
                              Is having three "very good/elite late-inning relievers" a bad thing? Upgrading a strength can help compensate for the "so many more relevant holes" the team has. For what it's worth, in the Marlins case, it's a relevant hole (singular), which is the rotation. Having a deep bullpen can help a bad rotation that is likely not going to get better. If it does get better, it'll probably be through free agency rather than via trade. There just aren't many realistic trade options to improve the rotation.

Many more teams have been building around their bullpens recently. I don't see anything wrong with it. It seems like it's working to some extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                                Don't understand the choice of Esch over Pineyro. Also would've protected Araujo but he's a low end reliever so nothing to really cry about.
                                Ya me neither,however Esch has only been pitching since we drafted him. Was mostly a SS,so just holding onto him

- - - - - - - - - -

From MLB.com- 2 names that standout are Corey Black and Onelki Garcia(We have had interest in both before)

Here's a quick look at 10 intriguing prospects -- a pitching-heavy list because arms tend to be popular in the Rule 5 -- who are eligible to be selected in the Rule 5 Draft at the Winter Meetings in Nashville, Tenn., on Dec. 10.

Corey Black, RHP, Cubs (No. 19): Black made the move to the bullpen for the first time in 2015. Though he struggles with command, he throws hard and could stick as a reliever if he throws enough strikes with his fastball-slider combination.

Onelki Garcia, LHP, White Sox (No. 22): Garcia actually made it to the big leagues in 2013 with the Dodgers. He missed nearly all of '14, then the White Sox claimed him off waivers. He struggled this year, but a lefty who touches 95 mph is often a popular selection.

Reymin Guduan, LHP, Astros (No. 16): Speaking of lefties who throw hard, Guduan works regularly in the upper 90s now that he's a reliever full-time. He doesn't always know where it's going, but the fastball-slider combo is intriguing.

Teoscar Hernandez, OF, Astros (No. 17): The Astros have six from their top 30 eligible, a testament to how deep their farm system is. Hernandez is a toolshed with an exciting power-speed combination, albeit an unfinished one who needs to work on his approach.

Zack Jones, RHP, Twins (No. 23): The Twins have so many hard-throwing relievers in their system, they can't keep them all. Jones is almost entirely all fastball, but it's one that sits in the upper-90s with movement.

Luis Perdomo, RHP, Cardinals (No. 11): The 2015 Futures Gamer is another flamethrower, one who is developing as a starter. But if he's put in a bullpen, he can run his fastball into the upper 90s, with a hard breaking ball and even a feel for a changeup.

T.J. Rivera, SS, Mets (No. 26): Though he may not be as exciting as a pitcher who can approach triple digits, all Rivera has done in the Minors is hit. He carries a career .318 average and .366 on-base percentage through five Minor League seasons, and he's seen considerable time at all four infield positions.

Sam Selman, LHP, Royals (No. 27): The former Vanderbilt standout and second-round pick struggled as a starter when he started moving up the ladder, so the Royals moved him to the bullpen. He can touch 97 mph and his slider shows flashes of being a plus pitch, but he struggles finding the strike zone.

Dwight Smith, OF, Blue Jays (No. 13): Perhaps the choice as next year's DeShields, if only because he is also the son of a former big leaguer. He has shown an ability to hit for average and draw walks, albeit without much power.

Alberto Tirado, RHP, Phillies (No. 14): Part of the return from the Blue Jays for Ben Revere, Tirado gave up just one earned run in 16 innings following the trade. He struck out 16 and held opponents to a .130 batting average, but he also walked 18. He's yet to pitch above Class A Advanced, but if he can harness his upper-90s fastball, he has a chance
                                Last edited by tjfla; 11-21-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X