Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Hech is the Best SS in the NL!!! Man I can't wait till we hear it every night

Simmons is off to LAA for pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Finally Hech is the Best SS in the NL!!! Man I can't wait till we hear it every night

Simmons is off to LAA for pitching.
      I hate to sound like you, but I actually knew about the Simmons yesterday before it became public. #coolstorybro

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by nny View Post
      You guys aren't understanding Ericks point. His argument is that a good SP isn't a possibility (we don't have enough and Ozuna's value is at its lowest) and keeping him isn't an option (because Loria).

Since those two things aren't options, trading for Chapman is better than trading for another Cosart.
      This is honestly my only point regarding this. If I were running the team, Ozuna would stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
        I hate to sound like you, but I actually knew about the Simmons yesterday before it became public. #coolstorybro

- - - - - - - - - -

This is honestly my only point regarding this. If I were running the team, Ozuna would stay put.
        O my bad didn't see u posted it. Good info tho-were u the one who mentioned he was going to the NL West before or after all the others?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          O my bad didn't see u posted it. Good info tho-were u the one who mentioned he was going to the NL West before or after all the others?
          I didn't post anything about it on this board/thread because it would've been random, but I knew. I posted it on a Braves forum and kinda felt like you for one day.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            Since those two things aren't options, trading for Chapman is better than trading for another Cosart.
            Getting pissed on is better than getting shit on. That doesn't make it a good option.

Comment

Ozuna will be our opening day CF

Comment

Trading a potential All-Star CF for a closer is an awful decision. Trading a potential All-Star CF with 4 more years of club control for a closer who's in the last year of his deal is downright moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  I didn't post anything about it on this board/thread because it would've been random, but I knew. I posted it on a Braves forum and kinda felt like you for one day.
                  Except your information was correct
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Some big-market teams are said to be upset that the Marlins are the team with the lowest revenue in baseball, and thus they receive the most money in revenue sharing from the highest-grossing teams despite having a new stadium. Teams sharing their money often has led to upset on the part of the payers, but the extra unhappiness in this case is that monies go to a team with the supposed benefit of a new stadium.

"They're a joke," says the executive of one team who can't understand how the Marlins' revenues can be lower than those of the Rays and A's, two teams long embroiled in thus far unsuccessful endeavors to get new stadiums.

He and other big-market executives are said to be further frustrated by the fact the Marlins have MLB's biggest player contract, the $325-million, 13-year Giancarlo Stanton deal, plus some wasted monies for managerial and executive pay for key decision-makers who were fired long before their contracts were up.

But if the big-market owners are upset to be subsidizing the Marlins, word is Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria is even more upset at having to need the money. It's a double-edged sword; the Marlins in some circles should be applauded for spending the money to try to win, though they've been unsuccessful in doing so since moving to beautiful Marlins Park.

MLB sources say Loria, far from pocketing money, has actually been writing a check annually in recent years to cover losses, despite the revenue sharing monies they receive annually.

One source suggests the annual revenue sharing check the Marlins are to receive is in the $50-million range, highest in baseball, above even the Rays and A's. Marlins president David Samson declined comment.

While the Marlins drew about 1.7 million people to Marlins Park this season, below-average ticket prices hurt them. Worse still are the local broadcast deals which are the lowest in baseball -- a TV deal said to be worth less than $20 million and a radio deal said to be worth "nothing."

Marlins people do seem to be working very hard to try to build a winner, with young outfielder Christian Yelich signed long-term, along with Stanton. The team also tried to lock up star pitcher Jose Fernandez and shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, and is about to begin negotiations with star second baseman Dee Gordon.

They have not done well with free-agent signings (i.e Jarrod Saltalamacchia for $15 million), and have indeed spent on fired managers and executives before their time, wasting some money. There were three years to go on Ozzie Guillen's $10-million, four-year deal when he was fired after the 2012 season, and there was reportedly $5.8 million over three years on GM/manager Dan Jennings' deal when he was let go recently.

There have been mistakes but the bigger issue may actually be the difficult Miami market, which disregards teams that are non-winners. The Heat have been inconsistent in drawing fans in the years when they didn't have Shaquille O'Neal (2005-07) and LeBron James (2011-14), and the Dolphins don't consistently sell out.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...s-tiny-revenue
                    It's pretty fun everyone hates them.

Comment

• Marlins president David Samson declined comment.
                      Breaking News.

Comment

• To be fair, the Heat have sold out every game since LeBron left Miami.

- - - - - - - - - -

And what city would support a team that consistently under performs and has a clueless management that screws the fanbase again and again. The Heat get the benefit of the doubt in this town because even if they have a bad season or two, it's understood what the goal of that franchise is. It's clear they have a structure of people from top to bottom that want to/know how/do win.

The Marlins and the Dolphins have not only been bad for a decade, but have done so in a way that alienates fans. The Marlins to a greater degree, since they don't have 50+ years of winning tradition to at least give them a little backing.

I couldn't give less of a shit about the amount of money the Marlins make in revenue sharing. We've all known since for 20 years the only way you build a team with a strong following in this market, or really any market, is give a team that wins consistently enough that they get the benefit of the doubt when they lose.

Comment

• Why the shot at the Heat in this article? "Inconsistent in drawing fans"? They've only sold out every game for the past 6 seasons and have drawn well for the better part of 2 decades. It's such a tired argument that Miami doesn't support teams. If you put a consistently good product out there, people will show up. The problem is 3 out of our 4 pro teams here are so poorly run that it's amazing that they draw anyone to their games at all.

Comment

• The Heat have drawn well for two decades?

Pre-Lebron, they must have had fans dressed up as empty orange seats in the lower bowl then.

Comment

• They were in the top half of attendance from 2005 to Lebron. Top 5 in attendance for several of those years.

Comment

• I think it's an easy shot since the lower levels (facing the camera) are sparse with fans up until the first quarter ends. It is equally ridiculous since most of those seats are occupied by the rich who don't need to show up to every game or on time, while the upper levels are consistently filled and most of the arena is as well. If you wanted to make that shot at the Dolphins fine since it is relatively fair, but the Heat draw pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X