This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
    Man imagine getting a young everyday CF for a guy who throws 70 innings.

Wish we had traded Cishek when he was good.
    To be fair, Cishek was never as good as Giles has been.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, I still don't get why fans value ~200 average innings so much more than 70 elite innings mostly in high-leverage situations. We're not going to get a good SP in return for Ozuna this offseason.

Comment

• Well, yeah, we shouldn't trade Ozuna.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        Well, yeah, we shouldn't trade Ozuna.
        I agree.

Comment

• Man, Ozuna's gonna hit 40 hrs in Philly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Also, I still don't get why fans value ~200 average innings so much more than 70 elite innings mostly in high-leverage situations. We're not going to get a good SP in return for Ozuna this offseason.
            because the team is slated to get about 600 innings of below-average pitching next season with few avenues to improve on that otherwise.

but also because the difference between Ken Giles and a league-average reliever is like 17 runs over the course of a season and because they already have two very good/elite late-inning relievers and have so many more relevant holes to fill than in the bullpen

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            Man imagine getting a young everyday CF for a guy who throws 70 innings.

Wish we had traded Cishek when he was good.
            + defender with 30-homer power and is 25 and has four years of club control

he should be a tremendously valuable asset, and if he's not, you keep him because he should be the fourth member of the core

they're gonna trade him at the nadir of his value
            poop

Comment

• Ya we dont need Giles, AJ/Capps already at the back end. The reason they seem to be asking on Giles tho is (surprise surprise) no teams are willing to trade a young SP for Ozuna. Philly is the one who "mentioned" Giles when they called on Ozuna and we said NO thanks thinking some team would do a deal but till this point no one seems to be biting.

That being said they are said to be OK with the LF- DD/Ichiro/possibly a FA who can platoon with Bour at 1B and play the corner OF spots.Man Mark Canha would have been perfect or better yet not just given away Coghlan when he had a slump

Comment

• If by a slump, you mean 4 years where Coghlan couldn't buy a hit, then yes, it was a slump.

Comment

• yeah coghlan was bad for a while.

kudos to him for figuring it out as a platoon bat, but that's not really a loss.
                  poop

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

http://slaterscoops.com/news/2015/11...rcus-literally

Nice story on why Jeff Baker was released,why Hits prolly wont be back and why the Jose "rumors" are around
                    What year has the clubhouse NOT been a circus? This has been a prevalent theme since they used that as justification for trading Cabs. Might have been before that, but I only really started following the team soon before then.

It's not the team, it's the ownership/FO and it'll continue to be a circus year in and year out. And they'll re-sign old washed up white guy to yell at the kids, good to know Casey is taking Helms' place.

This is basically how I envision Loria and the FO:

- - - - - - - - - -

I really wish I knew photoshop to put Loria's head on Gob's body and make that my new avatar.

Comment

• I would not entertain an Ozuna for Giles trade for a second.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Guys on our Top 30 List(Most who wouldn't be on other teams Top 50 List) who need to be added to the 40 Man before Friday OR they can be picked in the Rule 5

Miami Marlins (8)
                        No. 2 Jarlin Garcia, LHP
                        No. 11 Nick Wittgren, RHP

No. 16 Austin Brice, RHP
                        No. 21 Matt Milroy, RHP
                        No. 24 Ivan Pineyro, RHP
                        No. 25 Chris Reed, LHP
                        No. 26 Miguel Del Pozo, LHP
                        No. 30 Victor Araujo, RHP

Wittgren and Garcia are locks others can go either way. I could see maybe Pineyro or Brice

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by nny View Post
                        What year has the clubhouse NOT been a circus? This has been a prevalent theme since they used that as justification for trading Cabs. Might have been before that, but I only really started following the team soon before then.

It's not the team, it's the ownership/FO and it'll continue to be a circus year in and year out. And they'll re-sign old washed up white guy to yell at the kids, good to know Casey is taking Helms' place.

This is basically how I envision Loria and the FO:

- - - - - - - - - -

I really wish I knew photoshop to put Loria's head on Gob's body and make that my new avatar.
                        Should photoshop Jeff's head on everyone of them. That is how he envisions himself- one man doing 20 jobs even tho has no clue how to do any of them

Comment

• Just take a minute to appreciate that we're three weeks into the off-season and we've already seen it discussed that they could non-tender Alvarez and trade Fernandez.

Mick. Fucking. Mouse.

Comment

• I'd say Garcia/Wittgren/Pineyro/Brice are givens to be added. After that the only guy I could see being added is Araujo.

Comment

• I'm still reeling from the Marlins being dumb for unloading a guy who hit .224/.289/.332 from 2011-2013 with -2.3fWAR

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                To be fair, Cishek was never as good as Giles has been.
                                Giles is great, but let's not sell Cishek that short. He had 5.1 WAR with the Marlins 2010-2014 (really 4 full seasons, 258 IP)

Giles has a 3.7 WAR through his first 115.2 innings. That's of course better and maybe Giles ends up around a 7 WAR in the same amount of innings Cishek got 5, but both of those are tremendous numbers for a RP.

Cishek was real good. Just saying, let's not sell him that short because he blew a lot of saves last year. He was pretty much business as usual once he got to STL. It goes without saying they fucked up by not moving him post 2014, especially if names like Ozuna get floated for RP.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                I would not entertain an Ozuna for Giles trade for a second.
                                Definitely not 1-1, would have to be a package with Philly throwing in more stuff.

Darin Ruf makes a lot of sense for Bour though (and positionally if they move Ozuna to help in OF). 1.107 OPS (109 PA) vs LHP last year. Career .946 in close to 275 PA.

I think Philly would need to throw in a 3rd guy, and the Marlins a 2nd guy, but that's the making of an acceptable trade. Marlins would have to sign a pretty good platoon CF as I suspect they wouldn't commit to Yelich full-time in CF, but that shouldn't be impossible.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                + defender with 30-homer power and is 25 and has four years of club control

he should be a tremendously valuable asset, and if he's not, you keep him because he should be the fourth member of the core

they're gonna trade him at the nadir of his value
                                Just to be devil's advocate, a lot of scouts think he is lazy and going to bottom out also. I agree with the upside, but if the guy doesn't have the right mindset, maybe it's a good decision to cut him loose. Who knows.

That being said, I'd keep him, devote all sums to two free agent SP, dump Koehler/Dunn in trades for cheaper lefty relievers ready for mid-season callups, and sign a bunch of cheap veterans/MILB guys to fight to be Bour's lefty hitting partner.

Comment

Working...
                                X