Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans will show up when Loria croaks and/or sells.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• There is also a stark difference between 2005 and 2015. For example, in 2005 I was 13 years old. I am 23 now and if I lived in Miami, I'd be attending games. Pretty sure there are others like me, ones that actually live in Miami.

Comment

• I'm 25 now, and am in Fort Lauderdale and go to games (granted, typically Friday or Saturday games with work, but still). If I'm still working in Miami during the season, I'd definitely go to some weekday evening games instead of dealing with the insane rush hour out of Miami.

Really, there's a multitude of factors that affect the team's attendance. Some of those that were bigger factors in '04-'07 (mainly the stadium related ones) have obviously been eliminated now with Marlins Park. I'm with thatnewguy as well - if the team is legitimately competitive for a number of years, I definitely think you'd see an increase in attendance. Miami is full of fair weather fans, and Loria's antics haven't done anything to help with that. I get that not everyone can operate like the Dodgers and need a budget, but those teams spend elsewhere. As I've said before, Lorida does just enough to keep everyone off his back (JJ, Hanley deals), and occasionally teases like they're going to act like a real franchise (Stanton, Yelich deals), only to revert back to pinching pennies at every corner. Fans aren't inclined to support the team long term with the threat of another fire sale around the corner, and unfortunately I'm not sure that trust can be regained with Loria. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us...too bad MLB couldn't do anything about it.

Comment

• In 2017 (or 2018) the Miami MLS team will draw better than the Marlins (especially if Loria still owns the franchise).

Comment

• If the 2015 MLS attendance leader were to outdraw the Marlins, the Marlins would have drawn 9200 a game.

Come on man.
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• he probably means on a per game basis.

still highly unlikely, though.

Comment

• @CraigMish: Growing sentiment around Baseball and internally with the [MENTION=217]marlins[/MENTION] is Jose Fernandez will be traded this offseason.

anyone want to run a Marlins fansite if this happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  @CraigMish: Growing sentiment around Baseball and internally with the [MENTION=217]marlins[/MENTION] is Jose Fernandez will be traded this offseason.

anyone want to run a Marlins fansite if this happens?
                  Not buying this...at least not off a tweet from Craig Mish. Plus I still have to think they want Jose pitching for them in Marlins Park at the All Star game in 2017. After that they may move him...

Comment

• Yeah I'm calling bullshit on that. Not even Loria-Samson are that dumb.

Comment

• The fact that the tweet has any credibility is a reflection of the giant shit that this organization is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        Yeah I'm calling bullshit on that. Not even Loria-Samson are that dumb.
                        Totally. This is someone just making up stuff because its the Marlins.

But it would be fun to see Stanton, MLBPA, Commissioner's office, etc. erupt though. I mean, how could Loria survive that one unless he got like Kris Bryant back?

Comment

• I'm certain he's not making it up.

It also doesn't mean they are planning to trade him.
                          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                            he probably means on a per game basis.
                            Of course that's what I meant.

We will have to wait and see I guess.

Comment

• I believe down the line the Marlins are already planning for the event of trading him. They know they'll never be able to negotiate with Boras and won't spend the huge money it'll take to lock down Jose long term.

However, this offseason is far too early to cash in on Jose's trade value. Have to believe there are no plans to trade him now. To trade away Jose you'd have to get something like the top of the Cubs 2015 farm system in return, and even then neither team would likely agree to that trade. Unless this team is looking to tear things down and start over once again (>_>), trading Jose doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                If the 2015 MLS attendance leader were to outdraw the Marlins, the Marlins would have drawn 9200 a game.

Come on man.

5 MLS teams had a higher average attendance than the Marlins in 2015 and another 8 MLS teams were within 2K of the Marlins.

It's highly likely the Miami MLS team has a higher average attendance than the Marlins.

Comment

Working...
                                X