Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me, I'd say the chances are less likely that a 30-year old Stanton gets a better deal then 8 years $231 Million, which is what he would be leaving on the table. We'll see.

Comment

• Zero chance Loria pays the back end of Stantons contract so does that = Loria is gone by those years?

One time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        Zero chance Loria pays the back end of Stantons contract so does that = Loria is gone by those years?

One time?
        You'd have to think Loria will have sold by then. Even if he hasn't, they'll have a new TV deal at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Zero chance Loria pays the back end of Stantons contract so does that = Loria is gone by those years?

One time?
          Maybe after he gets his All Star game?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            I really don't see Stanton opting out of that deal unless he somehow is completely healthy over the next 4 years and is an MVP candidate in each of those years. That's just way too much guaranteed money to leave on the table.
            Yea, but if he can recoup 80% of that money and not play in Miami, what's the difference to Stanton if he makes $250 or $300. He's well beyond FUCK YOU money anyway we analyze this so his life enjoyment will come into play.

I see him opting out unless the Marlins pull a Kansas City Royals/Pittsburgh Pirates back into relevance. At least we'll have him longer than Cabrera.

Comment

• You act like playing in Miami is torture. I don't think there are too many better places for Life Enjoyment than Miami. Now if we continue to be putrid and Samson/Loria are still at the helm then we'll see how much winning may mean to him. Either way 80% of 231 would mean he's losing $45+ million. I don't care how much money you have $45 million is still $45 million.

Comment

• yeah, the difference in lou's scenario is 50, which is a big god damned deal

Comment

• The Marlins hired Jason Pare from the Blue Jays to be the Director of Analytics.

Comment

• "Have you guys heard of OPS?"
                    "WHAT IS THAT?! Sounds AMAZING! You're hired!"

- - - - - - - - - -

Some info on him here. Worked for the Indians before the Jays, and wrote for BP

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/analytics-becoming-increasingly-important-for-jays/
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• looking forward to the next "fracture" in our front office.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        You act like playing in Miami is torture. I don't think there are too many better places for Life Enjoyment than Miami. Now if we continue to be putrid and Samson/Loria are still at the helm then we'll see how much winning may mean to him. Either way 80% of 231 would mean he's losing $45+ million. I don't care how much money you have $45 million is still $45 million.
                        His life and enjoyment is tied to the team, and let's face it, they have the worst owner in the sport, a perpetual bottom payroll, and little fan support. These things matter to the players. I mean, even the clown locker room stories? The place is a joke. Like I said, maybe if ownership pulls a KC/Pitt or Loria sells to a real ownership group, but this is not a desirable situation besides the bottom line of that contract. There are plenty of places just as nice as (some very limited areas of) Miami, especially if you have $100 million in the bank to do whatever you want at all times.

I think he'd leave a good amount on the table to go back home to California, especially LAD or LAA. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                          looking forward to the next "fracture" in our front office.
                          Fracture? Jeff has no clue about analytics and all the info won't change his mind on the subject. Just sounds good to have someone in the spot

The FO is Jeff-Mike Hill and thats it(The only reason why its not just Jeff is because he won't go to meetings so someone has to). They take "advice" from people but thats it. Jerry Jones of MLB

Comment

• lol ^

Comment

• sigh

Comment

• The last time the Marlins won more than 77 games in a season, the Pirates lost 105 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X