Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation here, but I think the Marlins could go after JA Happ. Been solidly unspectacular for 2 years, and worked with the Pitt coach. I can't imagine him getting more than a 2 year deal at a cheaper price, and could be a good 4th SP for cheap. Would likely balance things out with him and Nicolino as lefties which they havent had in years.

Still would need an OOMPH # 2 SP behind Fernandez, but who knows where they get that.

Comment

I actually happened upon a bunch of people in town for the winter meetings in 2002, in Nashville. It was interesting.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I've gone the past two years and going again next month.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
          Speculation here, but I think the Marlins could go after JA Happ. Been solidly unspectacular for 2 years, and worked with the Pitt coach. I can't imagine him getting more than a 2 year deal at a cheaper price, and could be a good 4th SP for cheap. Would likely balance things out with him and Nicolino as lefties which they havent had in years.

Still would need an OOMPH # 2 SP behind Fernandez, but who knows where they get that.

Barry Jackson mentions Kazmir,Lincecum and Colby Lewis

Have talked with Clev,Seattle,Detroit,Philly among others about Ozuna. Nothing really productive tho-they want that ML or Ready SP in any deal. Think they would have alot of interest in Norris/Walker but doubt either of them would be discussed. Philly has no SP other than Nola
          Last edited by tjfla; 11-11-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Lincecum. My sources were way ahead of yours tj. Reported this months ago.

Comment

Still have bets saying that they add Mike Pelfrey.

Comment

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the White Sox "continually draw trade interest in their starting pitchers" and some teams prefer Jose Quintana over Chris Sale.
                Because of the lower acquisition cost, primarily, though Rosenthal adds "body type and delivery" as factors for some opposing clubs liking Quintana more than Sale. Quintana, 26, posted a 3.36 ERA and 177/44 K/BB ratio in 206 1/3 innings this past summer for the White Sox. He's thrown 200-plus innings in three straight seasons and carries a very team-friendly contract that could potentially run through 2020.

Rotoworld blurb
                I suspect the Marlins are one of the teams trying to get Quintana with Ozuna/others. Also a dream scenario along with Carrasco or Salazar

Comment

Quintana is pretty underrated. I would love it if we could get him for Ozuna.

- - - - - - - - - -

Assuming the Reds would be interested/since we're going to trade him anyway, why not trade Ozuna and maybe another player for Chapman? We're definitely not getting someone like Carrasco realistically. Quintana is probably the best we could do for him (assuming the White Sox are even interested). Aside from that, I have no real interest in any available SP's and would rather sign one than trade for one. The next best thing would be to acquire an elite reliever and have Capps/Ramos/elite reliever in the back of the pen. That's 3 elite relievers, and would arguably give us the best bullpen in baseball next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Quintana is pretty underrated. I would love it if we could get him for Ozuna.

- - - - - - - - - -

Assuming the Reds would be interested/since we're going to trade him anyway, why not trade Ozuna and maybe another player for Chapman? We're definitely not getting someone like Carrasco realistically. Quintana is probably the best we could do for him (assuming the White Sox are even interested). Aside from that, I have no real interest in any available SP's and would rather sign one than trade for one. The next best thing would be to acquire an elite reliever and have Capps/Ramos/elite reliever in the back of the pen. That's 3 elite relievers, and would arguably give us the best bullpen in baseball next year.
                    They'd need more than just Chapman back, no? Seems like a lot (of potential, at the very least) to give up for one year of Chapman at $13M.

Comment

Would definitely trade Ozuna+ to get Quintana. Wouldn't mind signing Span to replace him, or moving Yelich to CF and finding anyone to play LF (or sticking Dietrich out there)
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Ozuna for Chapman would make me barf everything

Ozuna for Quintana would be kind of amazing
                        poop

Comment

Ozuna for Chapman would be a terrible deal for the Marlins. That's why I fully expect that to happen.

Ozuna for Carrasco is such a long shot. The Marlins would have to include more and I'm not sure what they can even offer.

Comment

Cleveland is doing everything they can to get a bat without given up a SP. They tried on the Korean 1B and now are looking at the other guys from Asia. The deal discussed back at the deadline was Ozuna and an ML ready arm for SP and a minor league OF so that is probably where the discussion would start again.

Not sure about Chapman for Ozuna-Cincy seems to want players not just 1. Deal that has been mentioned the most is Chapman and Phillips to Zona for Hill and ML ready prospects

I know we we were a team that asked on Quintana but CWS seemed luke warm on Ozuna
                            Last edited by tjfla; 11-12-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I don't think Ozuna for Chapman would be terrible.

The worst case scenario would be that the team falls out of contention and trades Chapman at the deadline when elite relievers always seem to have a higher value for teams in contention. Or, Chapman helps us contend for a season and leaves as a Type A free agent leaving us with a draft pick.

I'd rather have Chapman than some average starter. I'm really not expecting a Carrasco/Quintana type return for Ozuna. If history is any indication, they're going to get a starter who throws hard but doesn't miss bats. They seem to love those types of pitchers. I'd rather have Chapman than a #4 type guy that the Marlins feel can develop into a #2. Pretty much what they did when they gave a bunch of assets up to get Jarred Cosart. They seem to love those types of pitchers.

Comment

Ozuna for Chapman is exactly the horrifically dumb kind of move this team would make.

Comment

Working...
                                X