No announcement yet.

Vice Sports: Marlins, Don Mattingly Agree to Four-year Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlins manager for someone like Mattingly is a great job. You get paid well and it really doesn't matter if you win. Win 80 games or more and the rest of baseball will declare you a genius. Win 70 and Loria will fire you, but you still get paid, and it does zero damage to your reputation around the rest of the league. It's a no lose situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      Of course he would take the job if it was his only offer.
      Well, yeah. But some people seem to have the opinion that people would never want to work for the Marlins, period.

- - - - - - - - - -

And I'll make a bold prediction and say he is here at least three years (it's kinda sad that that would be considered "bold").

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      Marlins manager for someone like Mattingly is a great job. You get paid well and it really doesn't matter if you win. Win 80 games or more and the rest of baseball will declare you a genius. Win 70 and Loria will fire you, but you still get paid, and it does zero damage to your reputation around the rest of the league. It's a no lose situation.
      Yeah. Not even remotely close to the same level of pressure that came with the LA job. This is a good move for Mattingly.

Comment

Loria turns 75 in November. so by the time this deal ends he'll be pushing 80. If at 80 he still owns this team. Fuck me.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

What does this mean for Honeycutt and Wallach? I certainly wouldn't mind having them on the coaching staff.

Comment

Press conference just started on Fox Sports

Samson introducing Mattingly

Zero fucks given

- - - - - - - - - -

Mattingly: I know we won't be buying in FA market. We have to win via developing young players in the minor leagues.

: |

Comment

lol

Comment

Samson making funny faces while Martingly is answering questions

Mick mouse

- - - - - - - - - -

Josh Friedman: "Why should Marlins fans believe this will be different than the other 7 managers?"

BRAVO, SIR.

- - - - - - - - - -

Samson: "Leadership starts with Jeffrey"

lolololol

Comment

Wallach is coming over.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                    Wallach is coming over.
                    manager-in-waiting
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

They traded his son
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Tim Wallach, who was Mattingly's bench coach with the Dodgers, will have the same role in Miami. Marlins coaches Perry Hill, Lenny Harris and Reid Cornelius will be retained. The jobs of pitching and hitting coach have yet to be filled.
                        http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14...arlins-manager
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Former #Dodgers advance scouts Gary Pellant and Willie Fraser are re-uniting with Don Mattingly on the Marlins
                          More front office moves.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

the best news of the offseason is that we've been shaking up our scouting and development departments

Comment

Honeycutt would be nice to get.

Comment

heard the Dodgers were talking to him about a multi-year deal, doubt he comes

I have no problem with Hernandez tbh

Comment

Working...
                                X