Vice Sports: Marlins, Don Mattingly Agree to Four-year Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vice Sports: Marlins, Don Mattingly Agree to Four-year Deal

Now we just need a GM. Alex Anthopoulos is available...

#AlexAToMIA
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    Now we just need a GM. Alex Anthopoulos is available...

#AlexAToMIA
    Ya just what we need another GM

Pay DJ for 3 years to sit home/Pay Anthopolus for 4 years to have the GM title(Great fit tho,guy who likes to spend cash and an owner who doesn't)/Pay Mike Berger for however long to be in Jeff's ear and be the GM without the title

Comment

We suck.

Comment

What a moment

Comment

we did it
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'm actually surprised anyone with his kind of background would actually agree to work for our front office.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I think it says a lot about his options

Comment

Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                I'm actually surprised anyone with his kind of background would actually agree to work for our front office.
                It's a job as a major-league manager, something only 30 people in the world get to do every year. It's also a high-paying job. So, yeah. I'm not surprised that anyone would take the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                  It's a job as a major-league manager, something only 30 people in the world get to do every year. It's also a high-paying job. So, yeah. I'm not surprised that anyone would take the job.
                  It's also a 4 year contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    It's also a 4 year contract.
                    And he'll only work a year and a half of it.

---

Dan Jennings was dismissed altogether according to Barry Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                      And he'll only work a year and a half of it.

---

Dan Jennings was dismissed altogether according to Barry Jackson.
                      In which case he will still get paid significantly more than anyone on this forum.

I don't understand why anyone would think he wouldn't take the job. It's the only spot open for him at the moment. I don't even think the Nats considered him.

Comment

Of course he would take the job if it was his only offer.

Comment

This is an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime organization

Comment

Mattingly takes the job because it pays him for 4 years. He got the 2 things he want which were ability to hire his own staff and a long term deal. If Loria fires him,he could care less

As for DJ,was only a matter of time(Still gets 3 years of checks by way). He had been wanting to take the Seattle GM job but Jeff wouldn't let him out of his deal and Berger had already replaced him. However no fear Jeff Loria is our new GM- o wait I meant Mike Hill

For all the newbies the FO staff is still the same

Jeff-Makes all the decisions(Think Jerry Jones)
                            Samson-Smiles,shakes hands while Jeff relaxes in NY but does what he is told
                            Mike Hill-Goes to the meetings and gets a fancy title but if Jeff wants someone Mike Hill response,Yes Dad ill will get him
                            Donny Baseball-Sits in dugout/collects 4 years of checks to "manage" a team that Jeff put together

I wish Jeff spent as much on talent as he does on GM and Manager!!!! Telling u he needs to just name himself Owner/GM/Manager and stop paying all these guys.

What about dem Fish??

Comment

And gotta love how we always have to extend everybody right before letting them go.

Comment

Working...
                              X