A.J. Ramos (3.030) – $2.8MM
    Tom Koehler (3.016) – $3.9MM
    Bryan Morris (3.011) – $1.1MM
    Carter Capps (3.007) – $800K
    Jose Fernandez (3.000) – $2.2MM
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

I can see the Marlins still paying Solano $800,000. Crow and Narveson are gone.

Comment

Why pay Solano anything if you already have Dietrich and Rojas ahead of him on the depth chart? Like, he didn't play in 2015. When he did, he was bad.

Slash = .189/.215/.244/.459 in 94 PAs. He didn't see the field. Even at $800k, they're gonna pay him for a hundred at-bats?

Comment

So, if we assume that Solano, Narveson, and Crow won't be back in 2016, then we're looking at $26.5 million in arbitration dollars. Add that to the Marlins committed salary in 2016 (of $21.5 million), and we're talking about a $48 million payroll with no moves made in free agency.

The question is, how much are the Marlins willing to actually spend. If it's only in the vain of about $10 million, the best we can do is the bottom of the barrel type moves like adding Morse-type again and pairing him with a Doug Fister, maybe.

If it's closer to $30-40 million (and it should be even though it won't be), then you put yourself in the conversation for guys like Price and Grienke, or maybe some combination of one of the Samardzijas, Zimmermanns, Cuetos, Kazmirs, etc that are available, while still being able to add a lefty-masher bat and maybe another piece or two. If the Marlins are serious about contending, they'll make this step up and open their pocket books. It's a fool's dream, but an $88 million payroll is nothing in 2016 baseball.
        Last edited by thatnewguy; 10-06-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

C - Realmuto
          1B - Bour
          2B - Dee
          SS - Hech
          3B - Prado
          OF - Ozuna, Stanton, Yelic
          Bench - Dietrich, Ichiro, Gillespie, Solano
          SP - Fernandez, Alvarez, Cosart, Nicolino, Phelps, Koehler
          RP - Ramos, Dunn, Crow, Narveson, Morris, Capps, Barraclough, Conley

Based on Cots' salary spreadsheet, this is at $66 million, including $8 million for Saltalamacchia. You can cut Solano, Narveson, Solano, Dunn and Koehler and save $9 million. So, $57?

They've spent more than $60 million of their own money once in the last 10 seasons. I'm not sure I see where they're adding anything more than a few low-level FA.
          poop

Comment

Maybe they'll decide to be a real big league club this offseason and have a payroll that's a 3rd of what the Dodgers' is.

Naaaaaaaaaaaah...

Comment

What the fuck are we gonna do when Stanton starts making $25 mil a year and Yelich starts making $12?

Comment

Typical Marlins tactics:

1) Trade them.

2) Have the Dodgers pay for the rest of the team.

3) Find other players that will work for breadcrumbs to field a "team."

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                  What the fuck are we gonna do when Stanton starts making $25 mil a year and Yelich starts making $12?
                  I think the Marlins plan was hope Stanton opts out after 6 or Loria was planning to sell the team prior anyway. I have high high doubts of both Stanton making that money and Loria being owner at the same time.

But when that time does come, either payroll has to rise significantly or we'll be fielding a lot of relatively cheap prospects around them to stay around $70 million.

Comment

I think the dream of Loria selling the Marlins is far fetched. Stanton will opt out and Loria will make even more money off of the new tv contract.

Comment

Aaron Crow (5.000) – $1.975MM
                      Chris Narveson (4.073) – $900K
                      Henderson Alvarez (4.051) – $4.0MM
                      David Phelps (3.156) – $2.5MM
                      Dee Gordon (3.154) – $5.9MM
                      Donovan Solano (3.061) – $800K
                      Adeiny Hechavarria (3.060) – $2.3MM
                      A.J. Ramos (3.030) – $2.8MM
                      Tom Koehler (3.016) – $3.9MM
                      Bryan Morris (3.011) – $1.1MM
                      Carter Capps (3.007) – $800K
                      Jose Fernandez (3.000) – $2.2MM

Don't love them.

I think Alvarez, Phelps, Gordon (unfortunately), and Ramos are pretty good. Gordon is really going to hurt them. I would even think maybe higher.

I'm not even looking at Crow, Narveson, and Solano as they are cuts.

Hech is going to make more based on this season, I think it's going to be closer to $3 but maybe slightly under.

Koehler won't get that high, I think he maxes out at $3.5

Morris should get a few more but not much, $1.3, $1.4

Capps is probably an even $1 million, and they are lucky he was hurt because he could have made some serious bucks if he kept up the dominance.

Fernandez at least $ 1 million more. Boras is going to make the Marlins life a living hell. There is no fucking way he gets $2.2.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        I think the dream of Loria selling the Marlins is far fetched. Stanton will opt out and Loria will make even more money off of the new tv contract.

Unfortunately I agree.

Comment

Hech will sign a long-term deal before arbitration anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                            If Stanton continues to only play in about 115 games a year he might be forced not to opt out, and then what the F is Loria going to do?

Comment

Sell or die.

Comment

Working...
                              X