No announcement yet.

Ichiro Resigned Through 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase for 3000 will at least be something to enjoy when we're 15 games back by early July.

Comment

I'm not on the Gillislie bandwagon either. Also, I'd be surprised if Mathis is not back.

Comment

Cole shouldn't be on a major league team

I'd rather have Mathis than Telis just because of how good Mathis is, particularly with JoFer.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Jose had a 2.52era in 6 starts with Realmuto and a 3.41era in 5 starts with Mathis.

He's run his course.

Comment

He has a .530 OPS and has been worth -0.8 WAR in three seasons in Miami. He's been done.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              Jose had a 2.52era in 6 starts with Realmuto and a 3.41era in 5 starts with Mathis.

He's run his course.
              good deal. see ya
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I could see us holding onto Mathis for a month or 2 and sending Telis down to AAA to get AB's to start the year. Mathis can't hit but the FO loves how he handles the staff

As for Ozuna,if he is dealt u could get by with Yelich in CF and DD/? in LF. I wouldn't deal him unless we got great value say SP and an OF who is almost ML Ready

Comment

If Ozuna is traded with the idea of moving Yelich to center, DD/Ichiro should be the left fielder. And anyone who thinks the 25th roster spot is going to be filled with a major league quality player is delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    If Ozuna is traded with the idea of moving Yelich to center, DD/Ichiro should be the left fielder. And anyone who thinks the 25th roster spot is going to be filled with a major league quality player is delusional.
                    Starts with an "S" and ends with an "O"

Comment

MIAMI — Ichiro Suzuki‘s new contract with the Miami Marlins includes a $2 million club option for 2017 with a $500,000 buyout, raising the guarantee to $2.5 million.The outfielder, who turns 42 on Oct. 22, agreed to the deal this week. He can earn an additional $3 million annually in performance bonuses based on plate appearances: $300,000 each for 250 and 300, and $400,000 apiece for 350 and each additional 50 through 600.
                      Suzuki has 2,935 major league hits after getting 1,278 in Japan.
                      Suzuki had 91 hits in 153 games and 438 plate appearances for the Marlins this year but batted a career-low .229, dropping his career average to .314. His slugging percentage was .279, the lowest among all major league players with more than 300 at-bats. But injuries to other outfielders, including slugger Giancarlo Stanton, made Suzuki nearly a regular.
                      http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...s-2017-option/

Comment

better not get those plate appearance bonuses

Comment

The Marlins paradox: want a guy to get 3,000, don't want to pay him more than they need to.

Comment

Giving Ichiro Plate Appearance bonuses in the contract is the most retarded thing ever. If Ichiro gets 300 ABs next year, we're already doing him a favor, and we give away more money that we don't have.

Comment

Oh, they have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X