• Ichiro Resigned Through 2016

Middle reliever.

- - - - - - - - - -

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article37958250.html

Re-signed?

Comment

your 2015 starting center fielder

can't wait till this is used to justify trading Ozuna

in any event, I do like having him around, seems to be a positive influence, and if used properly I'm a fan of it (and a fan of having a huge baseball milestone accomplished in our uniform)
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

If he was the worst player on the bench, it would be awesome.

The Marlins got 755 PA from Ichiro, Donovan Solano, McGehee and Jeff Mathis. 12.6% of their PA. They hit .207/.259/.271. That just kills you
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          If he was the worst player on the bench, it would be awesome.

The Marlins got 755 PA from Ichiro, Donovan Solano, McGehee and Jeff Mathis. 12.6% of their PA. They hit .207/.259/.271. That just kills you
          And you know Mathis is back next year. Solano will get some PT and McGehee will probably be with the team at some point, because no other organization will touch him at this point.

Comment

Solano will absolutely not be with the team next year. I have to believe that as much as they seemingly love him, the team isn't going to pay him in arbitration.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I mean, the fact that Rojas was our starting Shortstop for the last month of the season and played pretty well pretty much cemented his spot on the club next year, which has to put Solano out of luck I think. I would hope they let Mathis go and give Telis a shot to be the backup catcher.

Comment

Can live with a bench of Ichiro, Rojas, and Telis. I know the Marlins will never use platoons, but I can dream that we'll get a platoon bat for Bour and Prado/Dietrich platoon as well. That's a good bench.

Comment

A lefty-masher is vital. Lefty-Masher, Dietrich or Bour, Ichiro, Rojas, and Telis is a fine bench. It worries me that Ichiro will get more at-bats than he should just to get him up to 3000, (it's inevitable) but other than that I'm fine with it.

Comment

113 OPS+ against LHP last three years compared to 64 OPS+ against RHP.

Let him platoon, whatever

Comment

Yeah that'll happen.

Comment

I know...

Comment

They outright said they played him too much and wore him out.

But being it's them, that doesn't mean it won't happen again.

Comment

The fact of the matter is, he'll get enough at-bats so that he's able to reach 3000 next year. So you can pencil him in for at-least 260 ABs next year.

Comment

One of Stanton/Ozuna/Yelich will be hurt by May 10th so no problem getting those AB's.

Ichiro pitches better than Cisheck did for us this year.

We're 5 games better without Cisheck next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X