Manager Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
    Mattingly parted ways because he didn't like how there was no commitment to him, according to what ESPN is saying. If that's the case, then this isn't the place for him.
    Jeff commits to every manager!! Has no issue giving 4 yr deals out to managers and if he doesnt like them will get rid of them(Ozzie/Red). Mattingly will take a 4 yr deal and when Jeff gets pissed after year 2 will take the salary on the remaning 2 years to relax

Comment

How are you on a first name basis with Mr. Loria?

Comment

No just Jeffrey, but Jeff. That guy is going places.

Comment

Loria (Jeff) has a raging erection for Mattingly. Mattingly will be Opening Day manager in 2016 and he'll be gone by 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            How are you on a first name basis with Mr. Loria?
            Cause we are boys. Me/Jeff/Samson/Frisaro hang every Friday. See if u were nicer to meet I would invite u but NOPE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Cause we are boys. Me/Jeff/Samson/Frisaro hang every Friday. See if u were nicer to meet I would invite u but NOPE!!!!
              think I'd rather spend an afternoon banging my ball bag with a hammer

Comment

I'd rather hang out with Loria judging by my experience with his grandchildren or nieces and nephews as they weren't bad kids

Comment

I'd rather spend the next 15 years of my life in Guantanamo.

Comment

Don Mattingly might not be on the sideline for long.

Mattingly interviewed for the Miami Marlins' managerial job Monday, four days after he parted with the Los Angeles Dodgers, a person familiar with the situation said. The person confirmed the interview to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins declined to comment.
                    The Dodgers and Mattingly agreed Thursday to part ways. Los Angeles was 446-363 in five years under Mattingly and won the NL West each of the past three years, but he went 8-11 in the postseason.
                    The Dodgers have not reached the World Series since winning the title in 1988, and they lost to theNew York Mets this year in the NL Division Series.
                    Mattingly left with one year remaining on his contract and said he still wants to manage. The former Yankees star is a favorite of Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, a New Yorker.
                    Other candidates who have been interviewed by the Marlins include former major league managers Manny Acta, Larry Bowa and Bo Porter. The next manager will be Loria's seventh since June 2010.
                    The Marlins are searching to replace Dan Jennings, who returned to his former job as general manager. Jennings made the unusual move from GM to manager when Loria fired Mike Redmond after a 16-22 start.
                    The change failed to spark a turnaround, and the injury-riddled Marlins finished 71-91, their sixth consecutive losing season.
                    In the past three seasons the Dodgers have spent more money than any NL team, and Mattingly would have a smaller payroll in Miami. The Marlins ranked next to last in the majors in 2015 at $69 million, and little change is expected.
                    The Dodgers' payroll this year was $270 million.
                    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-sour...3340--mlb.html
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

From Frisaro:

What I've heard, Don Mattingly interview went well. Next step appears to be ironing out a deal. #Marlins

Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) October 27, 2015

I tried embedding the tweet in my comment, but apparently I don't know how haha.
                      Last edited by rmc523; 10-27-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

From a team that spends $62 million a year on bus bench advertising to a team that spends $62 million on players.

Comment

So true, Party.

I wonder if this poor guy knows the magnitude of the boobery he is about to enter.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            So true, Party.

I wonder if this poor guy knows the magnitude of the boobery he is about to enter.
                            Well, if he signs a contract he will lose the 1 year the dodgers owe him money but he will probably get a 4 year contract and only have to work a year and a half. Probably a smart financial move regardless of how bad that year and a half will be.

Comment

Mattingly on board. We've already won the World Series.

- - - - - - - - - -

(or at least the division).

Comment

Working...
                              X