Manager Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager Search

MLB.com's Joe Frisaro reports that the Marlins "have already engaged in discussions" with Dusty Baker about their manager position.
    Frisaro is unsure when the discussions took place but says "this process has been ongoing." He reported previously that the former Giants, Cubs and Reds skipper is a "very strong candidate" for the gig. Former Nationals and Indians manager Manny Acta has also interviewed for the job, but it appears Baker might be the favorite at the moment.
    There goes the bullpen guys. Hopefully this will hasten Loria's exit when it obviously doesn't work.

I am down for Acta BTW. He gets it, despite prior lower success levels.

I'm fine with Acta, but Baker would be the end of Jose and Henderson, likely.

Comment

RIP Marlins pitching staff.

Comment

Acta is an awful manager.

Dusty Baker is a decent results-based manager with a horrible track record on properly utilizing young players and understanding advanced statistics, so he's really the best fit for this organization.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Can we get some love for Bud Black?

Comment

Hyped for Dusty. Embrace the ridiculousness.

Comment

They should do a public vote for next manager. Like, reality TV kind of thing.

Comment

Told u guys last month that Jeff is all over Dusty. He sees Dusty as a hard ass who will whip the "boys" into shape. He also likes how Dusty is willing to listen to his ideas. In other words as long as Dusty is getting paid he will do whatever he is told

Acta would be solid but heard Jeff thinks he is a more laid back Ozzie. Jeff wants a hard ass,he wants someone who will grap Ozuna by the neck when he half asses it.

- - - - - - - - - -

For what it is worth Jennings is now pissed off to. He told Jeff he wants to keep coaching(PLEASE GOD NO) and he was told NO. Instead was told he "might" move back to GM but with less power(Berger). He also still can't interview for the Seattle GM job

Comment

Frisaro says it's not going to be Acta:
                  https://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro/statu...25544080470016

Comment

frisaro is an ass hat

Comment

yeah now it's definitely going to be Acta
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Someone go drag Lou Pinella's old ass out of retirement.

Comment

This is REALLY SAD.

Comment

I think we should interview Bo Porter for an 1,800th time.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                              I think we should interview Bo Porter for an 1,800th time.
                              With Dusty Baker, they don't need to interview a token black guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X