• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heyman tweeted that we did, for real, interview bo porter

Comment

I told you! We always interview him. lol

Comment

I can deal with Dusty blowing out kids' arms and playing shitty veterans.

I can deal with Acta being overanalytical and shooting himself in the foot.

Bo Porter will cause me to not watch this team anymore.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I don't know anything about his managerial style.

Why not?

Comment

He was painful with the Astros.

Legitimately did not seem like he understood the game of baseball.

Much like he was in his tenure with us as 3B coach.
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Remember anything specific?

Comment

I obviously didn't watch a ton of Porter-era games, maybe 5 total, but between that and the recaps I saw, things like handedness of the pitcher as the end all be all for deciding which reliever would pitch, significant amounts of defensive shifts that didn't make much sense except to say "we did a shift thing", terribly aggressive (in a bad way) baserunning, etc. Which, in fairness, do all seem like things that the Marlins would go gaga over.

I'm sure there are plenty of records of Astros fans complaining who watched more than my handful of games, but given how much I hated him as a third base coach (which is generally something I'd be completely agnostic about) and how dumb his managing stuck in my head (and how much love Loria has sapped from me) I don't think I'd have any reason to watch and make myself infuriated.

Comment

I don't know how things can get worse than this year as far as managers go, so I guess I don't care too much about Bo.

But I don't care too much about the Marlins either so whatever.

Comment

We're going to interview Larry Bowa soon.

Comment

Well atleast we know who the 4th OF is ICHIRO. He resigned for next year. Jeff must be licking his lips thinking of all the national attention he will get and merch/sponsor cash.

Comment

At least it's clear the FO's priorities are in order going into the offseason.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dan-jen...7602--mlb.html

Samson is just realizing he's supposed to hire the best available manager. Classic.

Comment

"We're treating it like the draft, where you draft the best player available, and not by position.''

given how we draft this does not excite me

Comment

So they're hiring someone who will work for room and board.

Comment

Gotta love the last line in that article....payroll not expected to change...what a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X