Marlins Send Five to 2015 Arizona Fall League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Send Five to 2015 Arizona Fall League

Pitchers Trevor Williams, Jake Esch, Raduel Lazo and position players Austin Dean and J.T. Riddle will all play for the Mesa Solar Sox in the Arizona Fall League.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Riddle.

Comment

Doesn't each club normal send 6 players?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        Doesn't each club normal send 6 players?
        Yep 6th guy is Elliot Soto. Even can send another(Taxi-Plays only certain days) but nothing yet

Comment

Williams didn't progress like I'd like, will be interesting to see how he does at AFL.

Comment

Some teams announce the final player(s) later than the others.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              Some teams announce the final player(s) later than the others.
              This. Usually tho 6/7 guys per team

Comment

Added Jared Cosart

Comment

I didn't realize they could do that.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    I didn't realize they could do that.
                    Me neither but here is the roster

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/afl/club.jsp?team_id=555

Unless they are sending Lazo and Cosart down before the end of the year? Makes sense for both of them to get innings

Comment

The eligibility rules to play in the AFL are simple.

The roster size is 30 players per team.

Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:

All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.

One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team.

One foreign player is allowed, as long as the player does not reside in a country that participates in winter ball, as part of the Caribbean Confederation or the Australian winter league.

No players with more than one year of credited Major League service as of August 31 are eligible, except a team may select one player picked in the most recently concluded Major League Rule 5 Draft.

To be eligible, players on Minor League disabled lists must be activated at least 45 days before the conclusion of their respective seasons.

He was at 1yr 70 days before this season even started. Wtf.

Comment

Like said probably will send Lazo and Cosart down to AAA before the end of the year which would make them AAA players

Both need innings and 1 day of service time won't kill him. Who knows tho? Just say name on list

Comment

Assigned to Arizona Fall League: RHP Austin Brice, RHP Jacob Esch, RHP Tyler Kinley, RHP Trevor Williams, SS J.T. Riddle, SS Elliot Soto, OF Austin Dean

Looks like Lazo and Cosart are out and Austin Brice/Tyler Kinley are in

Comment

so far:

Austin Dean 10 for 27, .370/.433/.407
                            J.T. Riddle 7 for 22, .318/.375/.545
                            Elliot Soto 6 for 28, .214/.267/.214

Jake Esch 2 GS 6.2 IP 5 H 1 ER 9K/0BB 1.35 ERA 0.75 WHIP
                            Austin Brice 4 G 5 IP 6 H 2 R 1 ER 1 HRA 8K/0BB 1.80 ERA 1.20 WHIP
                            Tyler Kinley 3 G 3 H 3 R 2 ER 3K/3BB 6.00 ERA 2.00 WHIP
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'm really interested to see if Brice keeps the walks down coming out of the bullpen.

Comment

Working...
                              X