Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Marlins Are the Worst Team in Baseball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good

Comment

• Glad to see this team playing winning baseball but it's even more disheartening because the last 20ish games have shown how good this team could have been but wasn't. We are 20 games under .500, 63-83, yet I think it's obvious that even this ragtag group of guys is better than that. The fact that fired Redmond and placed Jennings in that spot, the fact we stuck with Morse and other shitty players for so long, ugh, it's frustrating. How is it that we ended up being as bad that we were as bad as we were?

- - - - - - - - - -

Hoping for Bud Black as the new manager since he uses platoons sometimes.

Comment

• We had no depth so literally everything had to go right and then nothing went right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          We had no depth so literally everything had to go right and then nothing went right.
          and we all said this at the beginning of the year

we needed Yelich and Ozuna to continue to grow (Yelich rough start, Ozuna regression), Jose and Stanton to stay healthy (nope), Morse to hit (nope), Alvarez healthy (nope), etc.

The right moves make us competitive next year but we won't make them.

I still think any 1B platoon should be Dietrich over Bour.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            Won 5 series in a row for the first time in 12 years (sigh)

And 11 of the last 15 series.

Yet still 20 games under .500

So Marlins.

Comment

• You have to admit, great timing, though.

On a positive note, you have to be super encouraged by Conley's start last night, he looked fantastic.

Comment

• if you're looking for another positive, Justin Nicolino doesn't have the lowest strikeout rate in the last 20 years.

of 6,386 pitchers who have thrown 50+ innings over the last 20 years, he has a higher strikeout rate than 18 pitchers.
                poop

Comment

• So fucking what?

I've never understood this obsession with his low K rate.

Is it possible to succeed with a low K rate? Yes.
                  Is it possible to be an ace with a low K rate? No.
                  Do we need him to be an ace? No.

If he's a left handed 4 starter long term locked up for years at minimum I don't care if he never strikes out another hitter again. With how much 4 starters go for on the open market and how little this team spends in free agency, I take it as a win.
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• From Barry Jackson

### Though some Marlins officials would like to hold onto outfielder Marcell Ozuna, an associate of Jeffrey Loria said Loria is disappointed in Ozuna and very much open to trading him this offseason. Miami would look for a young (inexpensive) quality starting pitcher in return.

Looks like our Owner/President/GM wants him gone just like I said at the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      So fucking what?

I've never understood this obsession with his low K rate.

Is it possible to succeed with a low K rate? Yes.
                      Is it possible to be an ace with a low K rate? No.
                      Do we need him to be an ace? No.

If he's a left handed 4 starter long term locked up for years at minimum I don't care if he never strikes out another hitter again. With how much 4 starters go for on the open market and how little this team spends in free agency, I take it as a win.
                      There's a difference between a low K rate like Alvarez and others and the one Nicolino is posting now.

- - - - - - - - - -

All this September means is the Marlins are going to take it out of context and act like they are close to contending.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        There's a difference between a low K rate like Alvarez and others and the one Nicolino is posting now.

- - - - - - - - - -

All this September means is the Marlins are going to take it out of context and act like they are close to contending.
                        They are.

They are a solid bench, 2 SP, and one bat away from legitimately contending.

That's not far. They just won't get there.

Comment

• Which is why we joke that we're gonna add Tim Lincecum and Mike Napoli and act like we won the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                            They are.

They are a solid bench, 2 SP, and one bat away from legitimately contending.

That's not far. They just won't get there.
                            For the Marlins, that's damn far.

Comment

• For the Marlins, yes. But if the premise is "this team isn't far," that's a true statement.

Given how low our payroll commitments are, and how strong the FA class should be, we should be able to add those items and compete.

Comment

• I'd like to see them go after Chris Young, see if he'll learn 1st base. OPS'ing .973 against lefties this year, and has consistently hit lefties over the course of his career. Plus he gives you flexibility in the OF.

Comment

Working...
                                X