Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Marlins Are the Worst Team in Baseball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zimmerman, Samardzija, and Kazmir. Get two of these three guys and I think you improve the rotation significantly.

As far as the position players go, I think if the Marlins can add a guy at 1B or 3B so that we have both Prado and Bour coming off the bench, the offense suddenly becomes stronger as well. Guys like Ichiro and McGehee become Prado and Bour, who have been two of the better starters on this ballclub this season. They don't necessarily need a guy like Davis, but I think he's probably the best available for 1B.

The question is how much would they be willing to spend, as I'd imagine Davis would command a contract of $100 million or more, and guys like Zimmerman and even Kazmir are for a pretty nice payday themselves. We all know they'll sign Fister, Lincecum, and a Morse-type player and call it a day.

Comment

I don't think the market for Davis is going to be that strong. I'd say 70-90M is more realistic.

He's a late bloomer power bat, which generally don't age well, who had a slow start to his career and a horrendous year last year, and plays a position that's generally in surplus.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Fister would be a nice bounce back candidate as the second pitcher the Marlins theoretically sign.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I like the amount of delusion going on in this thread.

I'll be shocked if the Marlins sign a Fister or even a Lincecum level player.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

we've got nicolino; the rotation is fine.

Comment

To me, Bour has to be on the bench. The question is if DD starts at 1B or you put him on the bench too. He'd be GREAT off the bench because of the flexibility of what he covers and what guys like Prado covers. Anybody goes down, Dietrich becomes the next starter. We need that. And Davis is only 1B in FA you could take over him. Trading some SP depth for a decent 1b would be cool though.

Bour, Dietrich, good RH OF, Telis, Rojas is pretty solid bench

And, I mean, Prado has a 97 OPS+ with really good defense. Dude's fine. And you're not getting anywhere close to his production in FA. And hard to get it in trade too.

Comment

We've got Dietrich; the rotation is fine. #Versatility #Zobrist #Xtratoo%

Comment

Rather have Dietrich start over Prado but hey, that's just me.

Comment

I'd play Dietrich at 1B and then shift him around when guys need days off and put Bour in the lineup.

Of course, neither of them should play vs. lefties, so a bat who can hit left handed pitching would be nice. Dietrich is striking out 37% of the time against lefties in his major league career and Bour's power totally disappears against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                      To me, Bour has to be on the bench. The question is if DD starts at 1B or you put him on the bench too. He'd be GREAT off the bench because of the flexibility of what he covers and what guys like Prado covers. Anybody goes down, Dietrich becomes the next starter. We need that. And Davis is only 1B in FA you could take over him. Trading some SP depth for a decent 1b would be cool though.

Bour, Dietrich, good RH OF, Telis, Rojas is pretty solid bench

And, I mean, Prado has a 97 OPS+ with really good defense. Dude's fine. And you're not getting anywhere close to his production in FA. And hard to get it in trade too.
                      I don't think you'll get a 1B better than Bour for the #5 starters the team has.

Comment

• I'm thinking focal point of a young guy like Urena or Nicolino but yeah you're probably right. Especially one good enough to push DD to the bench. Huggs idea is probably best

Comment

• I have no problem with Bour at 1B if they can get a righty bat to complement him. I think he's shown he can be an .800+ .OPS bat against right-handed pitching. And then we could have Dietrich off the bench, capable of playing multiple positions. I think that's the best thing they can do, and then upgrade the pitching staff.
                          Last edited by Erick; 09-16-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• I'm all for a Bour/Napoli platoon.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              I'm all for a Bour/Napoli platoon.

What's a platoon?

Comment

• Won 5 series in a row for the first time in 12 years (sigh)

Comment

Working...
                                X