August 2015 MLB Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
    To have a .350 BABIP and maintain that for two decades, that means you obviously did something right during a long career. Yes, I don't like it that people treated Jeter like he was Babe Ruth either, and he was a defensive liability at SS for about 10 seasons, and an offensive liability for a few as well, but let's not pretend that he wasn't an excellent player that is deserving of most of the praise he's given.

As for why he'll be first ballot and Kenny Lofton will never get in--I don't think you can sit here and pretend that Lofton was the same caliber of player, right? Maybe the divide in my own mind is only based in that media talked Jeter up so much due to the four titles and being the face of NYC sports for two decades. I don't know Kenny Lofton's numbers off the top of my head so I'd like to see their splits compared to see how they stack up. But it's no surprise to me that Jeter is a first ballot hall-of-famer and I think he deserves that. It's also no surprise that Kenny Lofton isn't one.

I took a good look at Kenny Lofton's stats before I made my post. I was hoping to find a good example of a HOF worthy career that will never get in the HOF. If you don't think Lofton deserves to be in the Hall , you're evaluating his advanced stats wrong. Also, I never implied that Lofton should be a 1st ballot HOF'r or that Jeter is not deserving of being in the Hall. Not once.

Comment

Mark Canha is hitting .206/.273/.366 since May 1

- - - - - - - - - -

.207/.278/.352 since those awesome first 6 games, actually

Comment

Sadly still better than Ozuna and Morse.

Comment

Jeter career wOBA .360

Lofton .352

One is going in 1st ballot. The other is never getting in.

Comment

What do you think the reason Lofton doesn't get voted in? Lack of awards? Lack of postseason success? Didn't play for a major market long enough?

Comment

All of the above, plus current voters tendency to be incredible stringent.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                Sadly still better than Ozuna.

Careful, you might get a grievance filed against you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  What do you think the reason Lofton doesn't get voted in? Lack of awards? Lack of postseason success? Didn't play for a major market long enough?
                  Imagine no major milestones is also a thing.

You'd think his character type (speedy and defense) would get him overvalued, but it's crazy he's not in the hall.

Comment

#KennyLoftonBelongsInTheHallOfFame

Let's make shirts.

Comment

Man, he sucked in the playoffs (.247/.315/.352 438(!)pa).

Imagine making the playoffs 11 times (w/6 diff teams) in a 17 year career and never winning a ring.

Comment

I mean, Tim Raines was a better player and should have been a first ballot guy and hasn't even sniffed the hall
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Tim Raines had a better wOBA for his career than Jeter.

Comment

Woba woba woba

Comment

Let's face it: If you played between 1990-2005, you're screwed.

Comment

Jeter'd

Comment

Working...
                                X