Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    that's a stupid comment

Children with cancer is really sad. A guy who is (should be) financially set for life and got to play baseball on the biggest stage is not. If you don't agree, I'm ok with that.

I won't call you stupid for not agreeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Children with cancer is really sad. A guy who is (should be) financially set for life and got to play baseball on the biggest stage is not. If you don't agree, I'm ok with that.
      But there are varying levels of sadness, right? It's not like anything short of dead children can't be a sad thing. Frankly, it is sad that a guy with so much talent has been effectively useless at the one thing he's good at for four years. Why? Because he's not good anymore? No, because of injuries out of his control have kept him on the sidelines instead of on the mound. Kids with cancer it's not, but it's still kinda hard to see, regardless of the amount of money he's made.

Comment

Oh you guys.

I just thought it was weird that MM21 said it was REALLY sad. Not just sad. REALLY sad.

Let's move on. We've almost hit 10 posts in one day. Not sure the server can handle this many posts.

Comment

no, let's explain why your post is stupid since you don't seem to get it and then we can happily move on.

one thing being sad does not preclude another thing from being sad. your thinking is akin to when someone tries to shit on someone else who is depressed because the depressed person also happens to be wealthy when hey, there are starving somalis out there who have it SO MUCH WORSE so get over it. it's a horseshit argument.

empathy and sympathy are not finite resources, and sadness and hardship are not a competition.

Comment

fuck all y'all for being mad at Loria when there's people dying every day

Comment

#IStandWithJosh

Comment

Padres paid Josh Johnson $9m total in 2014-15 to face one batter in high A ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                  no, let's explain why your post is stupid since you don't seem to get it and then we can happily move on.

one thing being sad does not preclude another thing from being sad. your thinking is akin to when someone tries to shit on someone else who is depressed because the depressed person also happens to be wealthy when hey, there are starving somalis out there who have it SO MUCH WORSE so get over it. it's a horseshit argument.

empathy and sympathy are not finite resources, and sadness and hardship are not a competition.

Yes, lots of things can be sad (who knew?!?!) so now you can calm your erection over my post. Can we agree on different levels on sadness? Probably not.

I just thought that calling Josh Johnsons upcoming surgery REALLY SAD was weird. It was the REALLY part that got me.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    Padres paid Josh Johnson $9m total in 2014-15 to face one batter in high A ball.
                    And this makes it really funny.

Comment

I doubt you go through three surgeries and rehabs after you've already made a good chunk of $$$ unless you really love what you do.

Comment

"love"

love is a mother and her baby
                        love is a police dog and its handler

what a silly word to use!
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

GOT EM (ME)

Comment

Little touch of sadness today for some of us.

AJ Burnett made possibly his last MLB appearance.

Can't put my finger on why it's making me nostalgic but -----------> yup, I'm all nostalgic.

I think someone here hates him (Swift maybe :/ )

But I met AJ in 2000-2002 ish when he played golf a few times at the private golf course in Boca that I worked at. Guy was super cool and gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him if I needed tickets. I think he sensed that I was a big baseball fan but didn't have crazed fan tendencies.

Anyway, AJ is hanging up his cleats.

Comment

August and September and October MLB discussion.

Comment

I'll start the 2016-2020 MLB Discussion Thread in January

Comment

Working...
                                X