No announcement yet.

Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pick was included instead of having to send money to cover the contracts of Morse and Latos. It is a decent move,saves money for next year(They won't spend it anyway) and it is not like they are gonna need the extra 1.75 million of pool cash.

Comment

If any of these pitchers are in the Dodgers top 30 prospects, I'll eat a frog.

Ok, I won't eat a frog, but I'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        We'll see.

I mean, this offseason was almost perfect.
        Eh, pretty much every projection system thought they were a high-70's/low-80's win team, and they sold every relevant prospect or young player to get there + didn't actually invest money into the team.

We were duped.
        poop

Comment

@jjcoop36: No one saves money better than the Marlins. Traded away competitive balance picks each of past two seasons.

Comment

Save 9 million next year or 1.75? Makes sense if they reinvest the money. But they won't!!!

Still no clues on players back tho

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              @jjcoop36: No one saves money better than the Marlins. Traded away competitive balance picks each of past two seasons.
              it's actually 3 seasons
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Soflamarlins.com: We found love in a hopeless place

Comment

Possible #Marlins sending #Dodgers cash to cover of some of remaining money on Latos’ and Morse’s deals. Exact details not yet known.
                  -Rosenthal
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      Possible #Marlins sending #Dodgers cash to cover of some of remaining money on Latos’ and Morse’s deals. Exact details not yet known.
                      -Rosenthal
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                      Hey if it gets u better guys than do it. This is why the trade is taking this long-they are talking prospects. Zach Lee?

Comment

I mean, yeah, if that tweet is true, it's good news to me.

Comment

Gotta think they won't deal Holmes but Chris Anderson/Zach Bird/Zach Lee/Joe Wieland/Ross Stripling are all guys in the minors and they like Yimi Garcia too

Comment

all guys in the minors we won't be getting

Comment

I love making trades where us fans have no idea who we're receiving. I mean if they can tell us that a competitive balance pick was traded you would think they could get some names of these minor league players.

Comment

Can't really be that mad at it. Latos and Morse weren't long term answers. If they get anything worth a damn for them it's an ok deal. The competitive balance pick is annoying obviously. But they pretty much had to trade these guys. If saving $8 mil from Morse next year helps bring in a pitcher in FA (which is wishful thinking) then it's a decent deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X