No announcement yet.

Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love Jeff. Every team that is making trades are getting actual prospects while we take anything they will give us as long as we don't have to pay a cent. Instead of "reinvesting" the cash next year they should just include 2 million and get prospects
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Gotta love Jeff. Every team that is making trades are getting actual prospects while we take anything they will give us as long as we don't have to pay a cent. Instead of "reinvesting" the cash next year they should just include 2 million and get prospects
      I find it hard to believe $2 million buys a radically upgraded prospect. Very, very, hard to believe. However if true, certainly that is a failure.

Every team making big trades is moving value - Price, Hamels, Tulo, etc. The only one I can't explain is WTF the Cards are thinking for Moss. But power is at a premium and he is under control next year.

Latos wasn't getting shit with or without Morse. When he was at a higher value, he was traded for DeScalfani. It's ludicrous to say after this season, being injured, and closer to free agency, he is worth more.

Comment

• I just say 2 million cause that is what Oakland gave for Kazmir

Well deal is finally confirmed!!! Only took 26 hrs and we got the worst 3 players

Comment

• Morse + contract is the worst player, but yeah, this deal isn't fun

Comment

• @JeffPassan
            Among Hector Olivera's signing bonus, Michael Morse's 2016 deal and Bronson Arroyo's 2015 deal and buyout, Dodgers eating ~$43.5M in money.
            They just bought Mat Latos and Alex Wood's contracts and got Peraza out of the deal to further stock their completely stacked farm system, and they gave up basically nothing of value. It's unbelievable.

It'd be interesting to see if the league ever steps in and tries to change these kinds of deals. They really are just buying stuff outside of the free agency market because they have so much more money than everyone else.
            poop

Comment

• What do you think the MLB cares more about, teams turning a profit or competitive balance?

Comment

• Mike Morse just hit, because Marlins
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                  What do you think the MLB cares more about, teams turning a profit or competitive balance?
                  Profitability.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    Mike Morse just hit, because Marlins
                    They are trying to bring up his value to see if LA will throw in another D Prospect!! It is not like he was gonna run or make contact so?

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      Mike Morse just hit, because Marlins
                      i thought the trade was done at this point. dafuq is going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        I just say 2 million cause that is what Oakland gave for Kazmir

Well deal is finally confirmed!!! Only took 26 hrs and we got the worst 3 players
                        Kazmir is also better than Latos, lefty, and less of an injury risk.

But I agree if the different is $2 million for a significantly upgraded prospect, that's a problem if they didn't do it. I do not suspect that being the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                          i thought the trade was done at this point. dafuq is going on?
                          It is but Atlanta waited till our game was done before making official. Least they could do for making us have to pay Latos and Morse 2 extra days of pay. The thing that held up the deal was that the draft pick could only be traded one time. So it had to be a 3 way deal and Oliveria medicals were crappy so had to wait.

Still holding-seems Atlanta is trying to get LA to pay more cash on Oliveria or Arroyo since Oliveria's medicals are bad. Our part of the deal is done tho.
                          Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Kazmir is also better than Latos, lefty, and less of an injury risk.

But I agree if the different is $2 million for a significantly upgraded prospect, that's a problem if they didn't do it. I do not suspect that being the case.
                            Kaz has already been removed from 2 games this season with shoulder issues. I don't think he's any less of an injury risk at this stage. At least Latos was his knee.

Comment

• [tweet]626859211448807424[/tweet]

Sending cash considerations to the Dodgers? This is like laughable.
                              Last edited by Swifty; 07-30-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Are you guys educated enough to know what the Marlins are doing? Mike Hill hopes so. https://twitter.com/PBPjasonlieser/s...58635482800128

Comment

Working...
                                X