Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

@GDubCub: Source: Latos, Morse to Dodgers for prospects. At least one competitive balance pick also to Dodgers. W/ Latos off board Haren still in play

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    @GDubCub: Source: Latos, Morse to Dodgers for prospects. At least one competitive balance pick also to Dodgers. W/ Latos off board Haren still in play
    They did that thing where they tied dead weight to a good asset to shed salary again. Got the feeling this will be a shitty deal.

Comment

yup it's gonna be bad. Since we're sending a comp pick it means they're taking on most of the salary which means we're getting garbage in return
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

@JoeFrisaro: Hearing #Marlins sending Morse/Latos comp pick #34 to #Dodgers for 3 minor league pitchers. LAD picking up all Morse/Latos salaries

LOL

Comment

we so bad

- - - - - - - - - -

I wouldn't mind Grant Holmes. And obviously we're not getting Urias
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

KERSHAW SCRATCHED. BOYS WE GETTING CLAYTON!
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

No names yet but LAD does have some decent arms in system

Pick was sent since LAD picked up all of the cash

Comment

Hard to say it is bad before seeing what pitchers.

This is going to clear $13+ million, along with Cishek they've now cleared $15+ million. I guess if we throw in that draft pick, they've shed another $2 million at least also. So that's $17 million off the books. Say what you will about them spending this, but I am optimistic this cash savings is going to go back into the 2016 team (as well as salary increasing).

I mean practically, if they can get young relievers only for this, it's probably a good deal with saving that much money IF they reinvest.

We'll see.

- - - - - - - - - -

They really should resign Baker and go Bour/Baker at 1B next year, and keep Dietrich on the bench as a backup option and platoon 3B option.

Comment

Yeah, that's a big IF.

Maybe someday circus will leave town.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Hard to say it is bad before seeing what pitchers.

This is going to clear $13+ million, along with Cishek they've now cleared $15+ million. I guess if we throw in that draft pick, they've shed another $2 million at least also. So that's $17 million off the books. Say what you will about them spending this, but I am optimistic this cash savings is going to go back into the 2016 team (as well as salary increasing).

I mean practically, if they can get young relievers only for this, it's probably a good deal with saving that much money IF they reinvest.

We'll see.

- - - - - - - - - -

They really should resign Baker and go Bour/Baker at 1B next year, and keep Dietrich on the bench as a backup option and platoon 3B option.
                    Stop doing this to yourself Lou! They aren't reinvesting shit.

- - - - - - - - - -

@matthewpouliot: The Dodgers are why MLB teams can't really be allowed to trade draft picks. They'll just buy them all from clubs that'd rather have money.

Comment

No. 34 pick had a $1.8m slot value last season. After compensation picks, it will probably be something like $1.5 million.

So, they have $1.5 million less to spend in the draft, which you know is a positive for them.

Also, save the talk about the money saved. All this does is makes up for the money they spent to make Jarrod Saltalamacchia go away.
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Stop doing this to yourself Lou! They aren't reinvesting shit.

- - - - - - - - - -

@matthewpouliot: The Dodgers are why MLB teams can't really be allowed to trade draft picks. They'll just buy them all from clubs that'd rather have money.
                        We'll see.

I mean, this offseason was almost perfect, the season has just fallen apart. These are good moves to clear money and get young guys.

I'm optimistic. I can't see them tanking into the home all star game. I think Loria will spend at least through that.

Comment

People are saying the Dodgers are gonna flip that pick for Hamels/Price.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            No. 34 pick had a $1.8m slot value last season. After compensation picks, it will probably be something like $1.5 million.

So, they have $1.5 million less to spend in the draft, which you know is a positive for them.

Also, save the talk about the money saved. All this does is makes up for the money they spent to make Jarrod Saltalamacchia go away.

Don't forget paying 3 managers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

I just wrote that to Clark Spencer

Comment

Working...
                              X