2015 MLB Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 MLB Trade Deadline

Cueto to Kansas City for left-handed pitchers Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb and Cody Reed.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Saturday is going to come and the FO is going to fail to trade Haren and Latos.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      Cueto to Kansas City for left-handed pitchers Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb and Cody Reed.
      It's hard for me to decide which side I like more on that. Those are three pretty decent to good arms with upside. But Cueto is Cueto.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

If KC wins the world series, it's a win regardless of how those players pan out. But if they don't and they don't resign Cueto, who knows. Lamb has been having a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          If KC wins the world series, it's a win regardless of how those players pan out. But if they don't and they don't resign Cueto, who knows. Lamb has been having a good season.
          I don't like judging the trade in that way..

But I do like the deal for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
            I don't like judging the trade in that way..

But I do like the deal for both sides.
            That's why KC made the trade so it's how it should be judged. You don't trade for someone who is going to be a free agent in 3 months in hopes of resigning him.

And yes there are two times to judge trades, one is at the time of the trade (and this one looks fair) and the other is with the results. If KC gets the desired result a WS title, it's never going to be a bad trade for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              That's why KC made the trade so it's how it should be judged. You don't trade for someone who is going to be a free agent in 3 months in hopes of resigning him.

And yes there are two times to judge trades, one is at the time of the trade (and this one looks fair) and the other is with the results. If KC gets the desired result a WS title, it's never going to be a bad trade for them.
              That's fair. But I think it would be overboard to like the deal now and then say they lost the trade in a few months when they don't win it all. We all know the playoffs are a crapshoot.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                That's fair. But I think it would be overboard to like the deal now and then say they lost the trade in a few months when they don't win it all. We all know the playoffs are a crapshoot.
                IDK it's pretty unlikely for KC to not make the playoffs at this point. The could go 31-34 to finish with 90 wins. If it made more of an impact getting to the postseason, it would affect the judging of the result but they currently own the best record in the AL.

Comment

Tulowitzki to Toronto

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    Tulowitzki to Toronto
                    I'm interested in this return. Rosenthal reported today the rockies didn't want to trade him and then broke this news.

- - - - - - - - - -

Supposedly Reyes and minor leaguers for tulowitzki and letroy hawkins

Comment

This is crazy.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Traded Hoffman/Castro and Tinoco BUT still have enough for a SP

Just shows u what investing in Latin America and drafting talent can do for u.

Comment

Zobrist to Sean Manaea and Aaron Brooks.

There is no way in hell we keep Prado if KC would have made us that offer

Comment

Am I missing something? Why would Prado have even close to the trade value of Zobrist?

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Am I missing something? Why would Prado have even close to the trade value of Zobrist?
                              Cause that is what our FO is looking at-good bat who can play all over and NOT a rental

U look at the market when u try to make trades-Cueto cost Top Prospect/ML Ready Arm and a Project Arm. Kazmir cost a mid level prospect and a project arm. So say we call Toronto and would have said we want Hoffman(Top Prospect),Boyd(ML Ready Arm) and Tirado(Project Arm) they can say well we think he is more like Kazmir and they can counter. It is all about the market

Why do u think teams wait to make trades-u don't wanna be that team that doesn't ask for enough. U see what teams are getting and then try to get something close to that
                              Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X