No announcement yet.

Jose Fernandez is Currently Pitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight was a perfect example of the dumpster fire this team is. Dipshit at 3rd. Useless in center. Double D on the bench. Bullpen management. I long for the days of Redmond now. At least he would only fuck up ever other week. I feel like we have been trolled lol.

Comment

I mean, I'm not watching the games, but Cole Gillespie is hitting .351/.385/595 with 13 hits, 22 total bases and has been on base 15 times in 39 plate appearances. He has 6 doubles and a home run already.

He has more hits, total bases and times on base than Ozuna had had in the last 25 games before we sent him down. Maybe it's like a really shitty .980 OPS though, I dunno.

And yes, it's not gonna last, but seems weird to be bitching about him so much when he's producing...he had another RBI double tonight. He should play every day til he stops hitting.

It's weird how quickly everyone has forgotten that Ozuna was a flaming pile of dogshit left on your front porch when we sent him down. Gillespie's 1 HR in his 18 PA in Marlins Park is 1 more than Ozuna has hit there this season.

Cole Gillespie: 0.5 WAR. Marcell Ozuna: 0.4 WAR.

Comment

I think everyone is (justifiably) mad at him for dropping a ball literally hit right at him that cost us the game.

Comment

Oh, well, that makes sense then.

What I get for not watching the games. I'll take this L over watching them though.

Comment

I haven't watched a game since late May and my life has improved dramatically. I really do not like this team.

- - - - - - - - - -

I feel shitty saying that but it's getting to a point where I can't even force myself to watch a game. I'll pay attention if I'm not working or have literally anything else to do, but god damn, I have never felt this indifferent towards this team before--even when they were bad. It's not just that they suck, it's that I just don't care anymore and that's the part that I don't like.

Comment

Still trying to figure out why Casey McGehee was signed and immediately inserted into the starting lineup...while Derek Dietrich was benched.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                Still trying to figure out why Casey McGehee was signed and immediately inserted into the starting lineup...while Derek Dietrich was benched.
                Grit, leadership, not fighting Tino Martinez?

- - - - - - - - - -

Stanton + Dee on DL = 6.7 fWAR
                13 hitters on 25 Man = 3.4 fWAR

Comment

And 2.1 of that 3.4 is Adeiny Hechavarria.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    I mean, I'm not watching the games, but Cole Gillespie is hitting .351/.385/595 with 13 hits, 22 total bases and has been on base 15 times in 39 plate appearances. He has 6 doubles and a home run already.

He has more hits, total bases and times on base than Ozuna had had in the last 25 games before we sent him down. Maybe it's like a really shitty .980 OPS though, I dunno.

And yes, it's not gonna last, but seems weird to be bitching about him so much when he's producing...he had another RBI double tonight. He should play every day til he stops hitting.

It's weird how quickly everyone has forgotten that Ozuna was a flaming pile of dogshit left on your front porch when we sent him down. Gillespie's 1 HR in his 18 PA in Marlins Park is 1 more than Ozuna has hit there this season.

Cole Gillespie: 0.5 WAR. Marcell Ozuna: 0.4 WAR.
                    what mainge said about dropping the fly ball is accurate, but it wasn't the heart of my point. performance of no-future players means nothing on a bad team.

cole gillespie is a 31 year old journeyman with no future. this team sucks and is going nowhere. there is zero reason to give this guy playing time over someone who may have a future. i don't care if he's temporarily playing like barry bonds redux.

it's basically the casey mcgehee argument all over again, if casey mcgehee were on a hot streak. i don't care if mcgehee goes out and starts hitting a homer a night. i want to evaluate derek dietrich's potential as a long-term, every day player against both righties and lefties.

get your potential center fielder of the future back up here, and if he keeps playing like shit and you think he will rebound, maybe you can get him to take that long term deal now and at a lower value than offered before.

Comment

See, I agree with Dietrich. But, I have no problem with Ozuna being in AAA for a while to get his shit together.

If Gillespie is still starting in a month and Ozuna is still in AAA, then that's dumb.

Comment

With how bad ozuna was and the financial savings keeping him in AAA for this time makes sense. Dietrich not playing is just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                          See, I agree with Dietrich. But, I have no problem with Ozuna being in AAA for a while to get his shit together.

If Gillespie is still starting in a month and Ozuna is still in AAA, then that's dumb.
                          Ozuna has a .379/.379/.655 slash line in Triple-A. I think he needs to be back in the majors, now.

Comment

he should be up here now. he can work his shit out in the majors. there is nothing at stake with this season.

if you keep him at AAA just to make him miss out on super 2, and he turns into the player you hope/expect him to turn into, it's going to burn you in the long run because there's no way he's going to sign any type of buy out deal. he's going to stick it right up your ass.

Comment

He refused to take a buyout this year so he probably won't take a buyout deal in the near future. Plus if he is willing to take a buyout deal it will be worth less if he isn't a super two. There is no reason not to keep him in AAA right now.

Comment

other than him being our established center fielder of the future, sure.

maybe we could send fernandez down too so he doesn't hit super 2. and we could send down bour and realmuto, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X