Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    this

I want every move this front office makes to backfire and blow up in their faces so that they'll get out of the baseball business
    This. Very much this.

Comment

Because the season is a disaster, I just want the draft pick. The FO isn't going to "change" until we have a new owner.

Comment

I understand the logic behind hope we suck so Loria will sell, but I don't think there's a correlation and so I can't bother getting behind it.

I've just went with the simple plan of checking out emotionally every year when the season falls apart.

Comment

i want mcgehee to fail because i don't want the front office to feel they've made a quality move and continue playing mcgehee in the spot of someone else when we know he sucks and the season is lost

Comment

but casey just keeps sticking it right in our fucking faces

Comment

I want Casey to succeed so they trade low on Prado and extend him.

Comment

The Cincinnati Reds are really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                  i want mcgehee to fail because i don't want the front office to feel they've made a quality move and continue playing mcgehee in the spot of someone else when we know he sucks and the season is lost
                  Exactly.

Posted as Deitrich blisters a ball into the gap.

Comment

Nice series to end the first half by shelling Cueto. At least we all have Jose to get excited about after the all-start break. Pretty much the only thing to get excited about with this team at this point.

Comment

Only 4 games back of the Braves, boyyyysssssssss

Comment

I am absolutely terrified of them extending him. I mean, shit, this is the team that gave Wes Helms a two! year extension after he put up a 69 OPS+

- - - - - - - - - -

I mean, I'd serious call bringing him in as bench depth on the minimum a fine move with how shitty our depth is.

But they're bringing him in to start. The only reason to start him in a lost season is to see if you want him next year. Fuck me and fuck this team if he's starting next year.

DD's OPS up to .892 after today's game, btw. Hahahahahahaha :'( :'( :'(

Comment

It's amazing he didn't start against a right hander with 3rd and 2nd base starters on the dl it.

Comment

Dumpster fire.

Comment

Yeah, there's really no way of denying that the Dietrich thing is personal at this point. He's done everything you could ask for this year, his numbers since being called up are outstanding, and he still gets benched. I'd be furious if I were him.

Comment

The Miami Marlins, ladies and gentleman:

IMPROVISING THE DEFENSE
                                It seems likely that Martin Prado will be reinstated from the disabled list when the Marlins open the second half on Friday in Philadelphia.

According to president of baseball operations Michael Hill, Prado will go to Jupiter for additional rehab starts during the All-Star break to test out his right shoulder. He went 3 for 8 as the designated hitter in two starts earlier this week for the Hammerheads. He has been on the DL retroactive to June 15.

With Dee Gordon sidelined with a dislocated left thumb, will the Marlins put Prado at second base and utilize Casey McGehee at third? Prado has appeared in 262 of his 1,076 major-league games at second. Funny enough, the trade for Prado over the offseason made McGehee expendable as the Marlins dealt him to the San Francisco Giants shortly thereafter.

"We're going to wait and see," Hill said. "Obviously he was an All-Star second baseman (in 2010) and he is versatile. We didn't trade for him to be a second baseman, but that was before Dee was hurt. We just signed Casey, so that's something we'll look at and talk with (infield coach) Perry (Hill) and (manager Dan Jennings). With Dee out of the lineup you want to put your best eight on the field. If it means Martin at second and Casey at third they're both tremendous team players and will do whatever's necessary to help the team."
                                http://www.foxsports.com/florida/sto...ht-hits-071215

Comment

Working...
                                X