No announcement yet.

The Non-jose Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually Cole Gillespie somehow has an .826 OPS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Excluding Stanton, Deitrich has the highest OPS (.887) on the team.

3rd on the list is Dee Gordon (.768).

Deitrich won't start next year, though, cause Marlins.
      Dietrich definitely will start next year

It just won't be for the Marlins
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• But isn't his career .222/.287/.394 slash line against left-handed pitchers worrisome? I mean, isn't that a platoon player?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• He is a platoon player, that's fine. He's fucking crushing righties.

He's hitting .212 vs lefties this year with a .444 babip which is small sample size fuckery, but still hilarious.

I think Hutton actually had a decent idea last night (for once) about him being our Zobrist next year. He can play 1b/2b/3b/lf...can probably throw him in RF on a spot basis too. Get him starter ABs without necessarily having a set position. Maybe try to best hide his defense based on matchups and shit, I don't know if that's a real thing.

Of course, we won't do any of that and will trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            Actually Cole Gillespie somehow has an .826 OPS.

High babip, but he's been pretty good. He's club controlled still, has a nice shot at a bench spot next year.

And then he'll suck, cause that's what happens here.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              He is a platoon player, that's fine. He's fucking crushing righties.

He's hitting .212 vs lefties this year with a .444 babip which is small sample size fuckery, but still hilarious.

I think Hutton actually had a decent idea last night (for once) about him being our Zobrist next year. He can play 1b/2b/3b/lf...can probably throw him in RF on a spot basis too. Get him starter ABs without necessarily having a set position. Maybe try to best hide his defense based on matchups and shit, I don't know if that's a real thing.

It's not a bad idea. So there are five bench spots, one will be the backup catcher. If Bour stays, then one will be a righty platoon partner. I like Napoli, but the thing is, having him as a partner is so limited because he can only play first (unlike Baker, who can play everywhere.) So right there you're using two bench spots on two guys who are very limited. After that the Marlins would have Rojas as a backup middle infielder and Dietrich? and another backup outfielder?
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                It's not a bad idea. So there are five bench spots, one will be the backup catcher. If Bour stays, then one will be a righty platoon partner. I like Napoli, but the thing is, having him as a partner is so limited because he can only play first (unlike Baker, who can play everywhere.) So right there you're using two bench spots on two guys who are very limited. After that the Marlins would have Rojas as a backup middle infielder and Dietrich? and another backup outfielder?
                The issue is that none of this will happen.

We'll start Bour full time, Rojas is going to be the starting 3B after we trade Prado for a reliever, Dietrich will be traded, and we're going to open the season with both Telis and J Solano on the roster backing up JT

Sometimes I feel like me and daft are the only ones who understand how the Marlins operate

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                He is a platoon player, that's fine. He's fucking crushing righties.

A smart team would consider that but I've never seen anything out of them that suggests they see the value in that (except Frisaro saying he just feels like the Marlins will use more analytics next year!).

They're always quick to make a position change to get a bat to the majors faster (Willingham, Cabrera, Coghlan, etc) but never actually use flexibility once they're in the majors. Coghlan is a great example of that, was a minor league infielder who never saw the infield with us even though he never saw the OF before the majors. Now a smart team with a smart manager is making him into a Zobrist type and planning on using him at 2B, 3B, and LF just to keep his bat in the lineup.

Marlins see a square peg and a round hole and immediately give up instead of realizing there's a square hole right next to the round one.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hell, even Solano is a good example of it.

He was primarily a SS in the minors.

Played 388 games at SS (including 147 at AAA), 182 games at 3B, and 156 games at 2B.

But in the majors with us, he's played 224 games at 2B, 14 games at 3B, and 9 games at SS.

Note that a) the order of his positional frequency is completely reversed; b) whereas he played a lot of games everywhere in the minors, he's essentially been exclusively a second baseman for us; and c) he's played more games in left fucking field (10), a position he never played in the minors, than at SS, a position he overwhelmingly played in the minors.

This is a team that absolutely does not see the value in positional flexibility of utility players. 1 backup catcher, 1 backup outfielder, 1 backup MIF, 1 backup CIF, and a "flex" spot that is either a second backup catcher or a guy that can play CIF and COF. That's the makeup of the bench, no ifs ands or buts. If you don't fit one of those categories, they'll make you fit.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  Actually Cole Gillespie somehow has an .826 OPS.

I didn't include him because of lack of plate appearances but it looks like he's only had 42 less AB's than Deitrich. That is surprising to me (but at the same time not surprising to me).

Not a knock on Gillespie, but on the simpletons calling the shots upstairs.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just another laser off the top of the wall by Deitrich just now
                  Last edited by Namaste; 08-19-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• ho hum

Comment

• Lolol we had Casey Kelly on the opening day roster instead of him

Comment

• I don't think that's his name, but I know who you're talking about.

Comment

• he doesn't deserve to have his name be correct

Comment

• Don Kelly, I had to look it up too.

Comment

• Yeah definitely isn't. Some asshole Casey.

- - - - - - - - - -

Why did I make him Casey?

Comment

• because fuck casey mcgehee?

Comment

Working...
                                X