No announcement yet.

The Non-jose Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennings moves as a manager has shown just how incompetent upper management is.

I mean, we knew it was bad.

Who knew it was this bad.

Comment

• Bour to May 31: 70pa .369/.414/.646 .388babip
      Bour since June 1: 241pa .218/.299/.366 .261babip

Since July 1 he's hitting .252/.319/.411 with a .300 babip. I feel like that one is probably about right in terms of what he is. Power bench bat who won't totally kill you if you have to start him for a while due to injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        Of course the Marlins beat the Nationals and their ace in Waahsington.

Of course they did.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jennings pinch hit McGehee for Bour vs a RHP
        in fairness, mcgehee was announced with rivero (lhp) in the game and then washington swapped in a righty.

in reality, anyone with half a brain could have seen that coming, which means he chose mcgehee against a righty over bour against a lefty. they both blow in those situations but i'd still pick bour.

Comment

• ho hum dietrich blasts a fucking moonshot off strasburg

Comment

• For what it's worth, I'm all for a Bour/right-handed hitter platoon at 1B next year and a Dietrich/Prado platoon at 3B with Prado occasionally filling in at other spots when players need a day off.

But that will never happen.

Comment

• Defense is for pussies

Get DD in the lineup somehow
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• The proper way to go is still to start Dietrich at 1st, getting a lefty-masher on the bench to platoon with him is essential. Have Bour as first bat off the bench, and as folks get hurt move Dietrich around the field accordingly and Bour takes over at 1st stepping into the platoon.

- - - - - - - - - -

Our rotation is the worst ever right now.

Comment

• ho hum dietrich slams one off the top of the fence in left center

Comment

• What if they trade Ozuna and have a Bour platoon (Napoli?) at first and then have a platoon in left with Dietrich (Gomes, Denorfia or Byrd?) and move Yelich to center?
                    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 08-30-2015, 03:27 PM.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Why trade a guy when he's making the minimum, his value is at its lowest, and there's 0 need to?

I have not understood Ozuna trade talk since we kept him from being Super 2.

Comment

• It depends on what kind of return we could get for him. I agree with your sentiment, but there were those rumors at the deadline of talks of an Ozuna-Carrasco swap with Cleveland. If you get that kind of return then you have to do it.

Comment

• ^that

offense is a problem but there is reason to believe that Gordon/Yelich/Stanton can be the best 1-3 in the league, and there's reason to believe Realmuto and Hech can be league average bats. Meanwhile, we have no pitching outside of Jose. If you can get a controlled, solid starter for Ozuna, you do it.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• That's fair but I don't personally see it happening, getting a controlled front line SP.

If we are able to go that right, I'd hope we'd sign an OFer rather than going with Bour though

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              What if they trade Ozuna and have a Bour platoon (Napoli?) at first and then have a platoon in left with Dietrich (Gomes, Denorfia or Byrd?) and move Yelich to center?

THEY WILL NEVER HAVE A REGULAR PLATOON.

Comment

• I know the season's over and nobody likes to talk positive about Nicolino, but do you remember when I said Nicolino would somehow get by in the majors the same way he did in the minors? Well, so far that's happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X