Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's third on the team in homers
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I can already see the anger when they start him at AAA next year instead of platooning him at first/third base.

- - - - - - - - - -

They'd never do it, but I think a Prado/Dietrich platoon could be intriguing.

Comment

• no, just play dietrich always

Comment

• In LF since we're gonna trade Ozuna. Yelich has been fine in CF. Dietrich hasn't been good there, but better than the IF.

He's still a horrific 3B (-20 uzr/150 so far this season) and Prado is still going to end up around a ~2 WAR player this season with his bad offensive year. We have the best 2B/SS/3B defensive combo by a wide margin (uzr/150 at these 3 spots is 20% higher than any other team). I'm not saying that's necessarily enough to justify keeping him out of the lineup, but its more than enough for them.

Could see him taking 1b from Bour possibly, as well, I guess. I think if he plays regularly next season, its in LF.

Comment

• I think if he plays next season, it's somewhere like Oakland, and we'll watch as he hits 25 bombs while Stanton has no protection again
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Yep, and they'll platoon Dietrich and Valencia like everyone here was clamoring for.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                I think if he plays next season, it's somewhere like Oakland, and we'll watch as he hits 25 bombs while Stanton has no protection again
                we've all moved on from bombs. it's dingers now

Comment

• dinger9th2.JPG

Comment

• Dietrich starting again tonight.

Batting 5th right behind CASEY MCGEHEE lolololololklolklkkllololololtrolololol

Comment

• Imagine caring what the lineup is.

Comment

• That was a cheap shot, Hugg. You bully.

So there's zero chance the Marlins select Alec Hansen from Oklahoma, right? Cause moniez and stuff that go along with the first pick in the draft?

Comment

• Whoever is projected to go 6th is who we'll take at #1. People wanting us to tank on Twitter are hilarious for that reason. We could pick 1-6, we'd take the same person.

Plus bigger draft pool, so that'll come out of our payroll.

Comment

• We've left 14 runners on base tonight.

So far.

- - - - - - - - - -

It will be awkward if they strand Dee Gordon on 3B with no outs.

Comment

• We did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                That was a cheap shot, Hugg. You bully.

So there's zero chance the Marlins select Alec Hansen from Oklahoma, right? Cause moniez and stuff that go along with the first pick in the draft?
                                Not 0% because who knows what the idiots do. The smart way is how Houston has been doing it. U target a guy that is a Top 5 pick and see if u can work out a deal and save aton of cash to draft more talent. This strategy works the best when a guy drops because of price(Daz Cameron)and u have a pick betweek 30-35. This way u get 2 Top 10 guys and still have Pool Cash for the rest of the draft. However with us there is ZERO strategy other than save cash.

The reason the pick was dealt was to get Morse's contract off the books for next year AND Loria does not need a 15 million dollar pool to draft like every other MLB would be dying to have. If we had what the Astros had this year-4 million bucks open and Daz Cameron sitting there,Loria probably would have taken some College Arm for less than slot and pocketed the cash.The #1 pick will probably be around 9 million bucks and no one yet in next year's draft is even worth close to 6 million

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                                Whoever is projected to go 6th is who we'll take at #1. People wanting us to tank on Twitter are hilarious for that reason. We could pick 1-6, we'd take the same person.

Plus bigger draft pool, so that'll come out of our payroll.
                                Ya no real reason to tank especially next year with the Top 5 guys all pitchers. The only benefit is to get a bigger draft pool which we wouldn't use anyway

- - - - - - - - - -

We all know what will happen tho. They will draft Matt Krook not knowing that they can't again(Wink Wink) and will lose the pick till next year. Put some more cash back into Jeff's pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X