X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or a Dolphins fan at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
      I love how much Nicolino is going to piss off everybody on this forum (and he did the same while in the minors). 7 IP, 1 ER allowed, no strikeouts. Just amazing.
      Still sucks.

Comment

• Him succeeding would be wonderful and in no way would piss me off. Choose better words.

Comment

• Nah there are many people who would rather be right here than be proven wrong and watch a player they didn't believe in succeed.

You can say whatever you want here but deep inside you know it'll be eating at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
            Nah there are many people who would rather be right here than be proven wrong and watch a player they didn't believe in succeed.

You can say whatever you want here but deep inside you know it'll be eating at you.
            That's probably wrong. We're not Skip Bayless. Forgive Nicolino's naysayers for not believing he'll be successful with a K/9 under 3.

Comment

• The Marlins are the hottest team in baseball.

I will say this......the Prado to Bour play was one of the coolest defensive Marlins plays I've ever seen.

I know I shouldn't be shocked that Stanton never came back given the severity of that injury but.....

I'm shocked. What a fucking dumpster fire of a season.

And the worst part is, this "hot" ending to the season will convince Loria we're just a small tweak here and there away from being legit contenders next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                The Marlins are the hottest team in baseball.

I will say this......the Prado to Bour play was one of the coolest defensive Marlins plays I've ever seen.

I know I shouldn't be shocked that Stanton never came back given the severity of that injury but.....

I'm shocked. What a fucking dumpster fire of a season.

And the worst part is, this "hot" ending to the season will convince Loria we're just a small tweak here and there away from being legit contenders next year.
                To be fair, they're not as far as their overall record indicates. There's a talented core in place. A lot of people on this board have been saying this for a while now. It really all depends what they surround the core with this offseason.

Comment

• Exactly. The problem is not the core, it's that the one or two pieces need to be closer to David Price (in terms of both talent and cost) than Mat Latos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    That's probably wrong. We're not Skip Bayless. Forgive Nicolino's naysayers for not believing he'll be successful with a K/9 under 3.
                    Seriously. Why would people not be happy if Nicolino succeeds? Marlins fans first and foremost. Not journalist with a motive here.

Don't see it happening, though

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      To be fair, they're not as far as their overall record indicates. There's a talented core in place. A lot of people on this board have been saying this for a while now. It really all depends what they surround the core with this offseason.
                      Two SP and a beach and I believe in next year [emoji41]

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                        Seriously. Why would people not be happy if Nicolino succeeds? Marlins fans first and foremost. Not journalist with a motive here.

Don't see it happening, though
                        I'd hate Casey McGehee for example but when he was tearing it up in the first half last year, I'd shut the fuck up because good play means Marlins wins and that the only thing that counts.

We want Nicolino to be good, all of us no question, but there's a lot of us who simply don't think he can have consistent success in the majors by pitching so close to danger every inning.

Not to mention, out of all the lefties we've had in the minors in recent years, we traded the guy with the most upside and kept the guy with the least. That plays into the hate I think, just knowing our organization made another baffling move. That's more an indictment on the FO than Nicolino, but shratnel goes everywhere, you know?

Comment

• Henderson Alvarez has already proven dim's argument to be bullshit. He got shit all over when we acquired him and everyone loved him.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                            I'd hate Casey McGehee for example but when he was tearing it up in the first half last year, I'd shut the fuck up because good play means Marlins wins and that the only thing that counts.

We want Nicolino to be good, all of us no question, but there's a lot of us who simply don't think he can have consistent success in the majors by pitching so close to danger every inning.

Not to mention, out of all the lefties we've had in the minors in recent years, we traded the guy with the most upside and kept the guy with the least. That plays into the hate I think, just knowing our organization made another baffling move. That's more an indictment on the FO than Nicolino, but shratnel goes everywhere, you know?
                            I still think we should have kept Jason Vargas. He has a 11.8 career WAR according to Fangraphs.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• My post "small tweak or two".

David Price and Grienke plus a bench is not a small fucking tweak. Jesus, guys.

Comment

• Yeah we need an ace and another starting pitcher plus a small tweak or two on the bench

Comment

Working...
                                X