No announcement yet.

The Non-jose Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The English translation of Urena is Useless.

I think this is the first time I've seen a guy argue a grooved fastball right down the middle called third strike TWICE in one game.

#HitsMcGehee

- - - - - - - - - -

Justin Bour OPS: .777 (HAS TO PLAY ERRYDAY)

Derek Deitrich OPS: .844 (plays whenever)

Comment

• I have no problem with Bour playing every day right now. That's a weird thing to complain about.

They should both be playing every day. Ichiro is the problem, and they're actually going to bring him back next year.

Comment

• The funny part is, he's still doing well against LHP (115 OPS+) and has the past several years. His problem is against RHP.

Maybe he should be the one to platoon with Bour/DD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I have no problem with Bour playing every day right now. That's a weird thing to complain about

It would be weird if that was what I'm complaining about. Deitrich needs to play every night if Bour plays every night.

Comment

• Brad Hand is fine out of the bullpen. They need to stop trying to make him a starter.

Comment

I have no problem with Bour playing every day right now. That's a weird thing to complain about.

They should both be playing every day. Ichiro is the problem, and they're actually going to bring him back next year.
              THIS!! Bour hasn't been bad at all. The issue is Ichiro-they want him to stay so bad for that 3,000 hit they keep playing him. No reason u can't have a OF of DD/Yelich/Ozuna

As for Hand,come on u know we have Mike Dunn NO ONE can replace him(even tho they have tons of options and should get rid of him)

Comment

• No reliever should make more than the minimum next year except AJ and part of that is keeping your super star happy.

Really should have sold high on AJ though.

- - - - - - - - - -

And Capps, forgot he was eligible.

Though if someone would give a lot for him, I'm definitely pro that. MLB could get pressured to make his delivery illegal and we've seen just how injury prone he is.

But everyone else making $ should be jettisoned regardless of return

Comment

• Even if the MLB makes his delivery illegal, I still think he is going to be pretty nasty. It's just a matter of whether or not he can stay healthy.

Comment

• I don't think so

Comment

• Based on what?

Comment

• Because changing something like a delivery is a huge, heal deal. He might not be able to generate the same torque with another style of delivery. Especially because his is so unique. He's not just altering the arm angle or anything "small" like that; he'd be rebuilding it from top to bottom.

Comment

• Yeah if you can sell high on Ramos or Capps it makes sense as they aren't going to be the reason the team fails to reach the postseason. Dunn should be traded regardless. This organization stockpiles reliever arms and always fails to sell high on them.

Comment

• I think he was good enough in the past before this exact delivery that he'll still be a good reliever.

But, I mean, his 30 IP were the most dominating in baseball. He's not going to be near that good if he has to change his delivery. If you can sell him as the most dominating RP in baseball with all the marks on him, you do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                              I think he was good enough in the past before this exact delivery that he'll still be a good reliever.

But, I mean, his 30 IP were the most dominating in baseball. He's not going to be near that good if he has to change his delivery. If you can sell him as the most dominating RP in baseball with all the marks on him, you do that.
                              I don't know when he started with the new delivery, but he kind of wasn't good at one point. His last year with the Mariners was pretty bad although you never know with relievers because it's always a small sample with them on a year-to-year basis.

Comment

I don't know when he started with the new delivery, but he kind of wasn't good at one point. His last year with the Mariners was pretty bad although you never know with relievers because it's always a small sample with them on a year-to-year basis.
                                That was really the only time he wasn't good. He was good in the minors and his 2012 was pretty solid. Still struck a lot of guys out.

I think the fact that he throws so hard and has such a nasty slider is what makes him dominant; not his delivery.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                                Yeah if you can sell high on Ramos or Capps it makes sense as they aren't going to be the reason the team fails to reach the postseason. Dunn should be traded regardless. This organization stockpiles reliever arms and always fails to sell high on them.
                                I don't necessarily agree with this. The Royals made the WS last year on the strength of their bullpen, and the Yankees are about to make the playoffs due to the same thing. I don't think you should be so quick to just sell off your relievers.

Comment

Working...
                                X