Ozuna Optioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozuna Optioned

Marvell has been sent down to New Orleans. Valdespin will be purchased.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

I get it, but jeez it's not like we have even close to a good option to replace him with Stanton already out.

Comment

Jennings and Loria have a zero tolerance policy for suckage.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        Jennings and Loria have a zero tolerance policy for suckage.
        Hate suckage but when trade deadline rolls around it will be 1 excuse after another why no one was dealt. They need to call it a season and start talking deals for Latos,Haren,Koehler,Hand,Dunn,Cishek,Baker,Prado,I chiro,Morse. Get everyone health-physically and mentally and get ready for 2016.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also has anyone noticed that the AAA is pretty good- Nicolino,Urena,Conley,Flores,Rienzo (All have an ERA under 3 except Nicolino who is at 3.20) and now Cosart is down to

Comment

I am all for trading anyone not named Stanton, Yelich, Realmuto, Fernandez, Alvarez, and Capps.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            I am all for trading anyone not named Stanton, Yelich, Realmuto, Fernandez, Alvarez, and Capps.
            Would add Gordon to that list but agreed

Comment

I wouldn't. Sell high on Gordon.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Gordon? Hech? Ramos?

Comment

Gordon is doing the same thing he did last year, starting off hot and cooling down mightily after a month(I believe he is going on 2 months of ~.600 OPS). Hechavarria's defense is much improved but he is still a below replacement level hitter. Both would net nice returns in a sell high situation IMO.

Does this team really need a lockdown closer at this point when said closer is arguably one of the most valuable assets it has? Did the team learn nothing with what happened with Cishek?
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Gordon is doing the same thing he did last year, starting off hot and cooling down mightily after a month(I believe he is going on 2 months of ~.600 OPS). Hechavarria's defense is much improved but he is still a below replacement level hitter. Both would net nice returns in a sell high situation IMO.

Does this team really need a lockdown closer at this point when said closer is arguably one of the most valuable assets it has? Did the team learn nothing with what happened with Cishek?
                    It's not easy to replace middle infielders even taking regression into account. If Dee ends up with the same stat line he ended up with last year, that's still a pretty valuable player, not to mention his improved defense.

As for the Ramos/closer question, I was just asking since you listed Capps as an untouchable. What's the difference?

Comment

I get sending Ozuna down but seriously the team isn't going to improve with Valdespin or anything else they currently have starting. It'd be a different story if Stanton was healthy and you have Ichiro playing most days.

I'd be taking offers on Dee, Hech, Prado and Ramos. It'd be one of those blow me away deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        It's not easy to replace middle infielders even taking regression into account. If Dee ends up with the same stat line he ended up with last year, that's still a pretty valuable player, not to mention his improved defense.

As for the Ramos/closer question, I was just asking since you listed Capps as an untouchable. What's the difference?
                        Possibly. But I think what the Marlins might get from a team overpaying for Dee Gordon is potentially greater than what he brings in the future.

As for Capps/Ramos, mostly because Capps is 4 years younger.
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Well, they found their way to play both Bour and Morse.

Can't say Ozuna didn't earn this demotion.

Comment

If they keep him down 30-40 days he will likely miss the Super 2 deadline and save them at least $2.5 million next year.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              If they keep him down 30-40 days he will likely miss the Super 2 deadline and save them at least $2.5 million next year.
                              That'd be too smart. I think it's more likely they trade low on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X