Ugh . . . Pending Fire Sale Before July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    What kind of player? An arm with potential that if they work on his mechanics could help us?

It is a Carter Capps type thing. Clean up his mechanics and who knows?

Comment

OH GOD NOT GRANT DAYTON. FUCK LORIA MAN

Comment

It's not about who we gave up it's about this is the kind of guy they target. They're both loogy's for club control years best case scenario and we have other options.

Comment

http://rotoscouting.com/chris-reed-a...rotation-woes/

this is worth a shot for a nobody reliever

Comment

Yeah, I don't see how this is a bad move for the Marlins.

Comment

It's a nothing move for everyone the fact that it has its own thread is a joke.

Comment

Pretty sure nobody cares and we're just talking about it now because tjfla did a thing again and compared this deal to the Carter Capps deal when they're not at all similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Pretty sure nobody cares and we're just talking about it now because tjfla did a thing again and compared this deal to the Carter Capps deal when they're not at all similar.
                  I didnt compare it to the Capps deal. The only thing I said is LIKE Capps this guy has talent but needs to clean up his mechanics.

I will try to find some of the stuff written about Capps when we got him,if I recall half of the board was crying because this is what they got for LoMo and the other have was crying when he hurt his arm last year and that he would need TJ surgery soon(This year if I recall right)
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-15-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

http://marlinmaniac.com/2015/07/21/m...-to-rebuild/2/

can you imagine if this piece of shit trade actually happened?

Comment

Anyone suggesting trading Jose and Stanton is immediately discredited.
                      Hech is worth more to the club then the players obtained.
                      AJ Reed would be cool but I don't think selling low on Alvarez and Prado just to get him is worth it.
                      Yelich trade is just like grabbing as many players as possible and hope one hits.
                      Dee trade is meh but I think we can get something better for Dee.

I can't believe that person is writing for a marlins blog.

Comment

He's fucking maniacal is what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Hey atleast they are trying to get talent that could help. The more LHP in the system the more likely they get rid of Hand and Dunn.

It is like the IFA Cash. Teams are fighting with each other trying to get more cash to sign players while we have spent probably $250,000
                          It would be smarter to use international free agent cash on...international free agents. Instead of trading it for other teams scraps just to get rid of it.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            It would be smarter to use international free agent cash on...international free agents. Instead of trading it for other teams scraps just to get rid of it.
                            It's cheaper to pay a minor league salary than a signing bonus. It's also not a bad idea when the return projects to be a role player or better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              It's cheaper to pay a minor league salary than a signing bonus. It's also not a bad idea when the return projects to be a role player or better.
                              Enderson Franco doesn't project to be a role player or better.

And your line of thinking is one of the reasons why the Marlins have a shit farm system. Going cheap in the draft and ignoring international players entirely.

And it is infuriating because the team can look around the league...in as close as across their own fucking state...to see how small market teams can be successful, and they are just like "fuck that. Sign Casey McGehee".
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                                Enderson Franco doesn't project to be a role player or better.

And your line of thinking is one of the reasons why the Marlins have a shit farm system. Going cheap in the draft and ignoring international players entirely.

And it is infuriating because the team can look around the league...in as close as across their own fucking state...to see how small market teams can be successful, and they are just like "fuck that. Sign Casey McGehee".
                                I'm not saying it's a good strategy with how they implement it. But do they have international scouts that can actually collect data on the players they would potentially sign? We're not just talking about the signing money being spent each year. They would need to have scouts to spend money wisely. They're draft plan isn't crap either (I'm not saying it's good though). I'd rather see them invest the money that they save by not signing international free agents on a player who will contribute on the big league club. The organization just does a lot of things poorly and when viewed in isolation you can justify them if they were to operate differently in other areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X