No announcement yet.

Ugh . . . Pending Fire Sale Before July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should trade Haren,Latos,Koehler,Dunn,Cishek,Ramos,Prado,Baker, Morse,Dietrich,Ichiro and get healthy for 2016. Instead they will win 3 straight,Loria will get happy and we will become buyers

Comment

who wants half of those guys?

Comment

Loria ain't that dumb. The team is only ahead of the Phillies. Trading Haren and cishek is a must. I'd like to resign ichiro and would consider latos on a 1 year deal.

Comment

I see us not trading any of Cishek/Haren/Latos/Prado and instead trading Dietrich, because Marlins.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            They should trade Haren,Latos,Koehler,Dunn,Cishek,Ramos,Prado,Baker, Morse,Dietrich,Ichiro and get healthy for 2016. Instead they will win 3 straight,Loria will get happy and we will become buyers
            Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
            who wants half of those guys?
            I think most contenders with a given hole would like those guys. The price is going to be right for all of them except Ramos or Prado. They could trade all of that except Morse, and I think it's very arguable they are all desirable in their own way.

Latos could be a huge boost for someone if the recent streak is real. Playing for a contract in his prime should keep him motivated.

Haren and Koehler are cheap backend innings, and Koehler has 3 more years of control.

Cishek has been really good since the demotion, and someone will gamble on Dunn who was great 13-14 and chalk it up to "reliever volatility."

Ramos would net something huge right now, especially if packaged with one of the SP or Prado

Dietrich, Baker, and Ichiro would get reliever prospects, but could fill out a bench spot for someone

Prado is highly desirable to whoever doesn't get Zobrist. Wouldn't be hard to move him and saves a ton of cash to spend on SP

Morse has the contract, he is not going anywhere

This is really an opportunity to load up as none of those guys matter for next year and they are valuable. This year is as terrible disappointment, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise to sell off all the assets that don't matter longterm and get a dozen younger guys to help support the core.

Comment

Morse has been god awful. He's late on every fastball. Cant believe he would regress this much.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                I think most contenders with a given hole would like those guys. The price is going to be right for all of them except Ramos or Prado. They could trade all of that except Morse, and I think it's very arguable they are all desirable in their own way.

Latos could be a huge boost for someone if the recent streak is real. Playing for a contract in his prime should keep him motivated.

Haren and Koehler are cheap backend innings, and Koehler has 3 more years of control.

Cishek has been really good since the demotion, and someone will gamble on Dunn who was great 13-14 and chalk it up to "reliever volatility."

Ramos would net something huge right now, especially if packaged with one of the SP or Prado

Dietrich, Baker, and Ichiro would get reliever prospects, but could fill out a bench spot for someone

Prado is highly desirable to whoever doesn't get Zobrist. Wouldn't be hard to move him and saves a ton of cash to spend on SP

This is really an opportunity to load up as none of those guys matter for next year and they are valuable. This year is as terrible disappointment, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise to sell off all the assets that don't matter longterm and get a dozen younger guys to help support the core.
                I agree except about trading Prado. We have no better option at 3rd base for next season and the 3rd base free agent market is terrible this winter and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that a team is giving up a Major League ready 3rd base prospect in a trade for our guys. i'd rather keep Prado, who's cheap and useful for next year.

Comment

THIS. While none of them are great,teams that are making a run would rather have a Jeff Baker as the 24th Man who can play 5 Positions and hit lefties instead of some 22 yr old who is a rookie. Even Cishek while he might struggle,u don't think the Cubs would rather have him as the last option in the pen or Dallas Beeler/Yervis Medina??

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    I agree except about trading Prado. We have no better option at 3rd base for next season and the 3rd base free agent market is terrible this winter and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that a team is giving up a Major League ready 3rd base prospect in a trade for our guys. i'd rather keep Prado, who's cheap and useful for next year.
                    Kind of an obvious statement here, but you only move him if you get a good young 3B who can play June 2016 latest. I would move Ramos/Latos in a package quick to a contender for a young 3B, and then dump Prado somewhere for more pitching.

Saves a ton of bucks (presumably to reinvest, which is of course a toss up with the clowns in charge), and they can go get a real # 2 which is the real need of the team.

Comment

The issue I see is who is out there as a good young 3B? I think they should do just like u said tho.

U could also trade Latos or Haren/Ramos for prospects(arms) and try to flip some of the arms for a young 3B? Call a team and offer 2 of Nicolino/Urena/Flores/Williams/Garcia/whoever else u get?

Not sure if he can play 3B in MLB but KC has Cheslor Cuthbert and KC wants a SP bad.
                      Last edited by tjfla; 07-23-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Kind of an obvious statement here, but you only move him if you get a good young 3B who can play June 2016 latest. I would move Ramos/Latos in a package quick to a contender for a young 3B, and then dump Prado somewhere for more pitching.

Saves a ton of bucks (presumably to reinvest, which is of course a toss up with the clowns in charge), and they can go get a real # 2 which is the real need of the team.
                        Well that would be best case, but I just have a hard time believing that we'd get a near-MLB ready 3B for our rental pitchers. I'd still like to hold onto Prado for another year. Perhaps trading our pitchers and the compensation pick we received yesterday would be enough to entice someone.

One idea I had, and I know he's not good at 3rd, would be to see if they Pirates would move Pedro Alvarez for some combo of Prado and pitching. I still think he'd be worth a flier on.
                        Last edited by fauowls44; 07-23-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Well that would be best case, but I just have a hard time believing that we'd get a near-MLB ready 3B for our rental pitchers. I'd still like to hold onto Prado for another year. Perhaps trading our pitchers and the compensation pick we received yesterday would be enough to entice someone.

One idea I had, and I know he's not good at 3rd, would be to see if they Pirates would move Pedro Alvarez for some combo of Prado and pitching. I still think he'd be worth a flier on.
                          Ramos not a rental, 3 more years of control. Huge value IMO.

Comment

What about Lonnie Chisenhall?

Comment

Pedro is not the answer. He only plays against right-handed pitchers (30 AB's vs LHP this year) and he has a OPS+ of 97. His OBP is down and he obviously strikes out a ton and can't even play third anymore. No thank you. Especially not at $5,750,000 this year as a part-time player.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              What about Lonnie Chisenhall?
                              This is a guy I was thinking of the other day as a possibility. His value is down, but he is doing well since his demotion to Triple-A (.290/.340./.449 with 3HR in 138 AB.)

I think the Indians would want pitching. Ozuna for Chisenhall makes sense, but I'm not ready to do that. If the Indians are buyers, you could trade Latos or Haren (would probably have to add in Dunn or an extra piece for the latter.) and get Lonnie.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

No surprise but Houston has kicked off the dealing. They get Kazmir for 2 young prospects(actually good prospects). Houston is the team that if they call u then ask for something crazy and hope they bite. After sucking for years,their system is amazing

- - - - - - - - - -

Ramos not a rental, 3 more years of control. Huge value IMO.
                                Exactly that is why u keep him unless someone blows u away. If say Toronto calls and says Norris or Hoffman or Cubs call and say Baez or something nuts then u say NO. We just have to hope he doesn't do a Cishek when it is time to deal him. We played chicken with a Cishek deal and lost
                                Last edited by tjfla; 07-23-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X