The Stanton Broken Hand Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejoice!

Feel bad for Shoemaker. Likely would be him up right now if he was injured.

Comment

This has been a rough season, fellas.

Comment

Justin Bours 6 HR's will carry us to 62 wins

Comment

At least they can use Stanton's injury as an excuse to bring Jennings back instead of getting an actual manager.

Comment

*sells home run derby tickets*

Comment

Well SF Giants have called on Haren,Ichiro,Prado. Just talks for now but they are holding off on anything till they see if they can get their own guys healthy first(Peavy/Aoki)

Colorado also still has interest in Koehler

While nothing is close they have to start making decisions with Jose back and ALvarez after that

Comment

Marlins are carrying an extra pitcher at the moment. Morse is likely going to be activated to Tuesday. Gotta think Nicolino goes down. But the question is who do the Marlins send down for when Morris is ready and then when Jose is activated? Then Don Kelly could be ready soon, so I would guess Gillespie would get the boot.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Jose would replace Urena. Only people worse than Morris in the bullpen are Cishek, Dunn, and Hand, who are all going to stay on the roster for one reason or another. Best option would be to option Morris, let him work on not being so hittable, and keep him from being arbitration eligible next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                    Marlins are carrying an extra pitcher at the moment. Morse is likely going to be activated to Tuesday. Gotta think Nicolino goes down. But the question is who do the Marlins send down for when Morris is ready and then when Jose is activated? Then Don Kelly could be ready soon, so I would guess Gillespie would get the boot.
                    I think Nicolino's last start seals he'll be the one sent down for Jose. Dyson or Koehler probably get the boot for Morris. Rojas is probably sent down for Morse. Or even Bour since he's really struggled of late

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                      I think Nicolino's last start seals he'll be the one sent down for Jose. Dyson or Koehler probably get the boot for Morris. Rojas is probably sent down for Morse. Or even Bour since he's really struggled of late
                      I'm guessing Brad Hand would be the odd man out for Morris.

Comment

Rojas isn't going anywhere without adding a different back up shortstop. I can't see Hand being DFA until after the trade deadline.

Also, making roster moves on a single performance is stupid. It wouldn't be surprising if they kept an extra pitcher for awhile. And it is easy enough to send Cole Gillespie as Morse, Baker and Dietrich could all get starts in the outfield.

Comment

Gillespie is down soon. Could see Don Kelly activated and DFA -was more of a Redmond guy. Rojas stays as the UT guy. Brad Hand won't be DFA since he would be picked up quick. More likely for him is he sticks around till deadline and is included in some deal(If deal with Colorado they would love to test him out) and Conley comes up

Comment

Working...
                          X