No announcement yet.

Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it's unfortunate this Latos hasn't been around for the first two and a half months of the season.

Comment

• Nothing like allowing 5 base runners and 5 earned runs

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
        I get that Cishek has been bad this year, but I'm surprised I'm the only one that actually wants to keep him on the team. He has years of steady success and, while super short, hasn't allowed a run since being called back up. Would it really be surprising if he was just in a rut and needed time to clear his head to get better? Talking about trading him for a starter with a 5+ ERA just makes me realize why a lot of you people could never work for a major league front office. You'd literally want to make trades and moves every few weeks.

Given that our pen is crap I'd feel like shit if we trade Cishek just before he actually starts getting it all back together. The players that need to be looked at being traded are Haren/Prado/Koehler/Latos/Hand. I see Phelps as a guy who should be in the rotation next year if he finishes with a sub 4 ERA. I actually like the lineup outside of question marks at 1st base, 3rd base, and catcher (and I like JT). Big problem this year with the lineup has been the regression of Yelich and Ozuna not playing like last season, added with Salty early on, JT being a below average hitter, Morse sucking, and Prado being so so offensively. Long term I actually still like the lineup (although I'm liking the idea of Dietrich at 3rd. I thought he wouldn't have a spot with Dee now, but if he can play adequate third base I want him getting a shot if the season is a lost cause).

As for the long term issues with the team, I still think the #3-5 in the rotation are the biggest worries (as well as 1/2, but that is more health than ability). This team desperately needs a Nicolino/Urena/Flores to surpass expectations and emerge as a future #3, because as currently constructed we don't have one once Haren's gone. We have options at starting pitching with Cosart/Koehler/Phelps/Nicolino/Urena/Flores/Hand/etc..., but none of these guys are consistent 6+ IP, 2 ER kind of pitchers. If we actually want to be an above .500 team next season, we need to find that guy.
        Keeping Cishek makes no sense at this point.

Comment

• I love Hech hitting third if nothing but the fact that it's Hech hitting third and that's hilarious to think about coming into the year.

Fun fact:

We're third best in all of baseball against LHP in wRC+ (111)

And third worst against RHP (81)

We need some lefty bats (yelichhhhh)

- - - - - - - - - -

You know you're bad when a rotation of five #5's kicks you into the bullpen.

Comment

• Maybe you can shock the baseball nerds next start, Nicolino

Comment

• This fucking team, man.

Comment

• Mattingly and the ump getting into it was funny.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                X