• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicolino's stuff is just plain bad.

- - - - - - - - - -

As he strikes out Votto not even seconds later

Comment

The Votto strikeout was nice, but other than that, not really impressed.

Comment

Crushed and pimped.

Comment

Dietrich!
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He's awesome.

Comment

Imagine if we could of had him up sooner.

Comment

He's not this good obviously but no reason he shouldn't have been on the bench the whole year, getting spot starts against RHP.

- - - - - - - - - -

But that defense

Comment

redeemed himself at least. But yes he should be on the bench and Solano gone.

Comment

I'm gonna love it when Nicolino becomes a consistent mid 3 ERA pitcher being the exact same pitcher in the minors advanced statistics and almost every scout trashed him for being.

I'm on the Nicolino bandwagon just because he's been the same exact pitcher with bad stuff, pinpoint location, and just the right amount of 'pitching to contact' that he was in the minors, and I really want to see that succeed in the majors just to see people squirm. I've been just as skeptical as everybody else when following his minor league career, but after three years of doing the same thing I'm done doubting him. I stand by my comparison that he's currently a fly ball, poor man's version of Henderson Alvarez in that he pitches to contact and can work deep into games due to the low pitch counts. I can live with that.

Comment

I don't hate Nicolino. He seems to be a ground ball pitcher. Doesn't K a lot of guys but it does keep his pitch count down. Also the Reds lineup isn't shitty either.

Comment

We'll see. I'm not going to knee jerk over one start. Maybe he's the second guy ever to buck the trend but I seriously doubt it. I'm hoping he is though.

Comment

Did JT really just swing at a 3-0 pitch to pop out? Come on dude.

Comment

Ozuna has looked like shit at the plate the last few games

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                              Ozuna has looked like shit at the plate the last few games
                              I was talking to MK about Ozuna just a few minutes ago. His defense is ranked -2 this year (4.9 last year), . His K-rate is down and his walk rate is up and so his OBP but his SLG is down.

Comment

He has take some bad routes to balls and also mis-played a few this yr too.

Comment

Working...
                                X