No announcement yet.

6/4 - 6/10 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, starting him instead of Hand next time through would only hurt the club.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      Yeah, starting him instead of Hand next time through would only hurt the club.
      Rather start Flores or Conley.

Comment

Agreed, but that won't happen.

Comment

Yeah it makes too much sense. The only logical reason to start Hand was to try and showcase him for a potential trade. His first two starts went good enough but this one destroyed any progress on that front so give the kids work.

I don't think I've ever been so annoyed at the FO for mismanaging prospects as I am right now. I know they aren't the best prospects but they are the best prospects in the high minors. And they've had two opportunities to call up Wittgren an actual reliever (I'll give them Rienzo and Mazzaro with Hand, Koehler and Phelps starting), but instead they call up SP prospects to sit in the bullpen. The bullpen currently has 4 guys who should only be used in long relief and one sided games. Morris injured was such an obvious reason to call up Wittgren. Flores should have taken Hand's spot in the rotation when he was called up; it matched up perfectly.

Comment

6/9

AAA New Orleans: L, 6-3

Rojas: 1-3, R
            Brignac: 1-3, 2B, K
            Gillespie: 0-2, RBI
            Sizemore: 1-2, R, HR (2), RBI
            Galloway: 1-2, R, HR (2), RBI
            Misch: L, 5.1 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 1 HRA

AA Jacksonville: W, 2-1

K.Wilson: 1-4, R, SB
            C.Lopez: 1-3, R, 2B, K
            Rosa: 1-4, 2B, RBI, 2 K
            Rieger: 0-3, RBI, BB
            T.Williams: W, 6.2 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
            Cishek: 1 IP, 2 H
            J.Martinez: SV, 1 IP, 1 H

A+ Jupiter: W, 6-2

Y.Perez: 1-5, K, SB
            Dean: 1-3, R, 2 BB
            F.Munoz: 1-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K
            Anderson: 1-5, R, 2 BB, 3 K
            Bohn: 2-3, R, BB, K, SB
            Barber: 2-4, 2 RBI, K
            Hoo: 3-4, R, 2B
            Jar.Garcia: W, 6 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
            McGough: SV, 3 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 4 K

A Greensboro: L, 6-4

M.Davis: 1-5, R, 3B, K, CS
            Schales: 1-3, 2B, 3 RBI, K
            A.Rodriguez: 2-4
            Twine: 1-4, R, 3B, 2 K
            Vigil: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI
            Kolek: 4 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
            Robinson: L, .2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER
            Overton: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB

DSL Marlins: W, 7-6

M.Rivera: 1-4, K
            S.Soto: 1-3, 2 R, BB
            B.Olivo: 1-4, R, RBI, 2 K
            J.Guzman: 0-0, R, RBI, BB, SB
            W.Bautista: 1-1, R, 2 RBI, SB
            R.Fermin: 5.1 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
            J.Frias: W, 1 IP, 1 H

Comment

Encouraging to see Williams has thrown the ball better of late.

Comment

I just noticed Twine has one walk in 170 ABs coming in to tonight and 44 K's

Comment

Originally posted by Spork5812 View Post
                  I just noticed Twine has one walk in 170 ABs coming in to tonight and 44 K's
                  The FO doesn't know what a walk is so it's ok.

Comment

Twine will probably be out of baseball the next couple of seasons imo.

Comment

No chance sans injury

Comment

You know how you draft those toolsy guys and just hope they work out.

Like, Stanton is on one end of the spectrum. Twine is on the other side of that. .495 OPS good god.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                          Twine will probably be out of baseball the next couple of seasons imo.
                          The kid needs AB's and to play which he is now doing.

This is what I mean when I say they try to hard. They are looking for the next Stanton(Raw Guy who can turn into star for cheap) instead of doing what the teams that stay good do,which is draft talent

It is like KJ Woods,this is his 3rd season in the system and just clicked for him. The one issue I have tho is we seem to get rid of HS faster than most. I have no issues keeping a HS guy for atleast 3 years(would make him a Junior) whether he looks like a stud or shit.
                          Last edited by tjfla; 06-11-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            The kid needs AB's and to play which he is now doing.

This is what I mean when I say they try to hard. They are looking for the next Stanton(Raw Guy who can turn into star for cheap) instead of doing what the teams that stay good do,which is draft talent

It is like KJ Woods,this is his 3rd season in the system and just clicked for him. The one issue I have tho is we seem to get rid of HS faster than most. I have no issues keeping a HS guy for atleast 3 years(would make him a Junior) whether he looks like a stud or shit.
                            This is a huge organization problem. We draft these toolsy guys who will take longer to develop rush them through the system regardless of how shitty they play and when they aren't producing they get rid of them. Yet with a lot of the college talent taken, the organization moves them slower through the system and they don't develop into usable assets because they are not pushed hard enough.

In regards to Twine, he's 19 in A ball starting the year with only 179 PA post high school. It's not time to worry and he should repeat A ball next year regardless of how he finishes the season. My issue is he doesn't walk and it's not something that really gets taught in the minors. If you've read Moneyball, this is something discussed there. They stressed walks in the minors and players would learn there but immediately forget it once promoted to the majors. I absolutely hate the fact they constantly take pitchers who walk too many batters and hitters who can't draw a walk.

Comment

6/10

AAA New Orleans: Idle

AA Jacksonville: L, 7-6

K.Wilson: 3-5, R, 2 RBI, 2 K, SB
                              Rosa: 0-3, R, 2 BB
                              Juengel: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, HR (10), 2 RBI, BB, K
                              Black: 2-4, R, K
                              Lyman: 5 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2 K; 2-2
                              C.Smith: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K
                              Logan: L, 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K

A+ Jupiter: Game Postponed

A Greensboro: W, 5-3

M.Davis: 0-4, RBI, 2 K
                              Woods: 1-3, R, 2B, BB, K
                              A.Rodriguez: 1-4, R, RBI, BB
                              F.Castillo: 2-5, 2 2B, RBI, K
                              Twine: 2-4, RBI, BB, K
                              L.Castillo: 4 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
                              Squier: W, 1.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
                              Hodges: SV, 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

DSL Marlins: L, 10-5

M.Rivera: 1-5, 2B, K
                              Y.Reyes: 1-4, 2 R, BB
                              S.Soto: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
                              B.Olivo: 1-4, R, RBI, K
                              A.Castro: 1-2, 2 RBI, 2 BB, K
                              J.Guerrero: 1-3, RBI, BB, K
                              B.Ulloa: L, 3.1 IP, 7 H, 9 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HRA
                              E.Liriano: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 5 K

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                                This is a huge organization problem. We draft these toolsy guys who will take longer to develop rush them through the system regardless of how shitty they play and when they aren't producing they get rid of them. Yet with a lot of the college talent taken, the organization moves them slower through the system and they don't develop into usable assets because they are not pushed hard enough.

In regards to Twine, he's 19 in A ball starting the year with only 179 PA post high school. It's not time to worry and he should repeat A ball next year regardless of how he finishes the season. My issue is he doesn't walk and it's not something that really gets taught in the minors. If you've read Moneyball, this is something discussed there. They stressed walks in the minors and players would learn there but immediately forget it once promoted to the majors. I absolutely hate the fact they constantly take pitchers who walk too many batters and hitters who can't draw a walk.
                                Exactly-we actually have been moving guys thru alot faster since Beinfest has been gone but still get a good laugh when u hear that this guy could move thru quickly however he is still 24 in A Ball. Beinfest was happy to have a 24 year old in GBoro hitting .300 with 20 HR but then as soon as moved to Jupiter he was 25 and hit 5 HR. Since Beinfest has been gone we have been challenging guys.

Ya Twine should and probably will repeat Low A next year. I have no issues with that especially since will only be 20.

Comment

Working...
                                X