The Official Jose Fernandez Rehab Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
    Returning July 2 vs. the Giants at Marlins Park.

Seems really dumb to announce his return in advance like this, but whatever.
    I was hoping for an ESPN special, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      Returning July 2 vs. the Giants at Marlins Park.

Seems really dumb to announce his return in advance like this, but whatever.
      Have to sell tickets, man.

Comment

You gotta give people at least something to look forward too besides Ichiro.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Starting for Jupiter instead of New Orleans tomorrow now.

Weather-related

Comment

I will be taking July 2nd off to attend this ballgame. (I also have July 3 off so I get out a 3 out of 4 day weekend. (I work July 4.))

Comment

4.2ip 4ha 1er 1bb 10k

Comment

Pretty good. Preeeeetty good.

Preeeeeeeeetty excited
                poop

Comment

he should really have at least 4-5 more starts. to push him out to the trade deadline so he doesn't think he can single-handedly influence the Marlins to be buyers at the deadline
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think it's passed that point now. Also, I thought I read limits on rehab assignments being 30 days for pitchers.

Comment

He has options

Comment

7ip 4ha 1er 1bb 9k

Comment

10 days!

Comment

Jose/Don Kelly/Morris all played in rehab

Comment

Was just looking at our schedule...

We know he's starting this Thursday. Regular rest would have him start on Tuesday 7/7 vs. Red Sox. But Monday is an off day, so they'd have to move him up a rotation spot so to speak. If kept in a normal rotation spot, he'd next pitch 7/8, but with 5 days' rest. If they went that route, he wouldn't start again until after the All-Star Break, meaning at LEAST 9 days of rest between starts.

I'm of the opinion that regular rest is important, and I don't really like that he won't settle into a routine for close to a month. If they "move him up" in the rotation and start him on 7/7, which is regular rest, he also gets another start on regular rest the day before the break, 7/12, and then can start on regular rest again the day after the break on 7/17. This seems to me the best way to go.

But of course, they're the Marlins, and so they'll do none of the above and bump his second start back to 6 days rest on 7/9 so that he can start a Thursday game at home rather than a Tuesday or Wednesday game on the road so they can get a few thousand more asses in the seats.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X