Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Regards to the Bullpen

Didn't realize this.

The bullpen is actually 2nd in the NL in fWAR. Their 2.80 FIP is actually really impressive.

However, they're 8th in ERA with 4.04 (and 8th in rWAR, which looks at ERA instead of FIP). This is thanks to a league high BABIP of .333, giving us the worst differential between ERA and FIP (actually worst in the entire majors on both accounts).

AJ Ramos is the only one with at least 10 IP that has a lower ERA than FIP. The next "best" is Morris, who's ERA is a large 0.80 runs above his FIP.

The only two "bad" relievers, going by FIP, have been Dunn and Cishek. Cishek is more or less a "let's hope we can raise his trade value a bit so we don't just have to non-tender him at the end of the season." Dunn should go back to striking people out and right his ship...hopefully anyway, since he's signed for next year. They really need to stop using him so much against RHB though...I wish this team actually looked at stats.

Something to at least be hopeful about improving, since our rotation and line up are in shambles and not much to look forward to there outside of Jose coming back.

Yeah considering the amount of blame the bullpen has gotten it's the brightest spot on the team

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Yeah considering the amount of blame the bullpen has gotten it's the brightest spot on the team
      I mean, the defense clearly is, but sure
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        I mean, the defense clearly is, but sure
        Forgot about that.

Comment

Which makes the pitching woes even more hilarious when we're 2nd in DEF WAR in the majors.

Comment

Working...
          X